Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...I had a question for the mobile entertainment gurus. Is it possible to mount an LCD screen where the two DIN openings are in the center instrument panel on a P11 (specifically a 2002 G20)? More specifically, is there any company that makes a mounting kit especially suited for this purpose? Because I don't want to have to do custom work or mess with fiberglass in order to get the screen in there. Now part two: if it is in fact possible to replace the two DIN slots with a screen, can I then somehow hook up a navigation system to it AND control a CD changer from it? Basically, for those of you who have seen 'em, I'd like to have something like the system that comes in the Mercedes S-Class. It's an LCD screen that runs pretty much everything in the car. Let me know guys, and thanks a lot...

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
those are very cool...although not quite what I was looking for. I wanted a flush mount screen, not an fold-out one. Props to Clarion though...thats some crazy stuff, wonder how much it costs...

·
Registered
389 Posts
i saw this one one time but can never find it it was 2000 but it was a double din and the face would flip over and a screen was on the other side flush, it wass made by a company that makes airplane stuff but ive never been able to find it since so just keep looking there out there.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Eclipse used to make a unit like your describing, fit perfectly in a Double-DIN opening. However, I think they canceled production when the newer single-DIN units were released. It was one hell of a piece of equipment. CD/Tuner/built-in amp all came with it!! And the screen was flush mount, not the newer flip-up kind.

I'll go dig through my old Eclipse product guides and see if I can get an exact model # for ya.....

As I recall, they were expensive. VERY expensive!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
thirdivzn said:
those are very cool...although not quite what I was looking for. I wanted a flush mount screen, not an fold-out one. Props to Clarion though...thats some crazy stuff, wonder how much it costs...
ok i think i saw a company that makes a double din head unit with dvd/cd/mp3/vcd player and an lcd screen that takes almost the whole space made by a company named rosen. its called the ROSEN DOUBLE DIN 6.5" WIDE SCREEN MOTORIZED ALL-IN-ONE TV SYSTEM R6500. heres the site:

http://www.electronics-pluz.com/rododin6wisc.html

its pretty expensive but im pretty sure u can find another one of these for cheaper at a different site.

·
Registered
664 Posts
This took me about a week:

http://www.g20.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3005&password=&sort=7&thecat=500

If you had come sooner I would've sold this to you. It's not very hard to do, but I had to move the climate control up about 1/2" and hack a lot of the dash off using a dremel. But when it was done everything fit like a glove. The only flaw was my fiberglassing skills. .....but after a while I just said, "F*** it that's fine." and threw it in the car.

They do make a Double din receiver that has a 5" LCD in it (or something like that) ......it's really cool but does scream "STEAL ME." If I remember the site I'll post a link.

·
Registered
643 Posts
g20skyline said:

ok i think i saw a company that makes a double din head unit with dvd/cd/mp3/vcd player and an lcd screen that takes almost the whole space made by a company named rosen. its called the ROSEN DOUBLE DIN 6.5" WIDE SCREEN MOTORIZED ALL-IN-ONE TV SYSTEM R6500. heres the site:

http://www.electronics-pluz.com/rododin6wisc.html

its pretty expensive but im pretty sure u can find another one of these for cheaper at a different site.
The rosen looks hot. I saw them on eBay a while back for $975 + shipping. I was gonna do the same thing but need to save up some more $$.

·
Registered
283 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts