Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 months ago when i brought my G to the dealer, they said i should flush the power steering. i wasnt sure if i really needed it or are they trying to trick me into spending more. i told them no. it was never flushed b4 in all its 10 years of existence. so does anyone think i need it?

if i do have to, how do u flush it? any special tools? so clueless :zoinks:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so simple but do i really need to. is it really necessary?

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
Dilong26 said:
so simple but do i really need to. is it really necessary?
Absolutely! Just like all your other fluids, they break down. The small cost of to 'flush & fill' vs the cost to repair/replace a power steering pump or rack, is enough reason. Another overlooked fluid is brake fluid. Even though it's a sealed system, eventually air/moisture gets in that's why it turns dark. Clean brake fluid has the colour of apple juice (for lack of a better example lol). Same goes with the Power steering fluid. IT goes dark over time. It too has the colour of, you guessed it, apple juice.

For the major fluids, (Brake, Power Steering, Manual Trans-axle & Clutch) I made it a point to do a 'flush & fill' once every two years. But because of the wealth of information & knowledge I've gained from this site, I might consider doing these every year. Overkill? Yeah, but who said new fluids are bad for your car.....

PS - I left out oil changes above because that's something you should do every 5,000KM (3,000mi for you those who prefer imperial units....lol)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THX (and i do prefer imperial units only because the USA is too ignorant and adopted it)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts