·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is a good lightend flywheelto get and how much do they usually cost

·
Registered
146 Posts
Well you have a few choices for flywheels you got JWT, Clutch Master, Jun, and Fidanza. I'm sure they're a few others but I can't think of them right now. The cheapest one I have found is the Fidanza it also seems to be the lightest weight and very high quality from what I have heard. Here is a link to the Fidanza http://www.fasttrackmotor.com/fidanza_flywheels.htm

·
Registered
880 Posts
That Fidanza flywheel appears to be an ultralight. I'm not so sure how streetable that is. I know I wouldn't put a flywheel that light in my car. Something closer to 11lbs might be a little more suited for street driving.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Actually... you're forgetting one.. and it's the cheapest one available. Getting your stock flywheel lightened and balanced at a machine shop. They should be able to take it down to about 13-14lbs. It'll cost anywhere from about $50-200 depending on where you go, and if you have to ship it. (I paid $125 for the labor and shipping both ways). It made a noticeable improvement in acceleration. =)

·
Registered
52 Posts
about the fidanza

BritCG20 said:
I'm not so sure how streetable that is. I know I wouldn't put a flywheel that light in my car. Something closer to 11lbs might be a little more suited for street driving.
I dont see why that wouldnt be streetable. I plan to get one of those in the near future.)

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Re: about the fidanza

Slickkedar said:

I dont see why that wouldnt be streetable. I plan to get one of those in the near future.)
It is very streetable. I drove a P11 with a Jun light and was suprised as how tame it was. I personally had not stalling problems, but then again I'm an expert driver. :cheeky: :cheeky:

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
With a lightened flywheel, you're used to it in a day or two, at least it was that quick for me. That was also with a new ACT clutch at the same time. I think the new clutch took more getting used to than the flywheel did, although mine's not at light as say the JUN light, or the ultra-light. I'll still occasionally stall, maybe once everyother month or so, but it's more of a brain fart than a flywheel thing :monkey: =)

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
jmgladden said:
Justin, where did you send your flywheel to get machined? Thanks.
I sent it to Clutch Specialties over in California to get done. IIRC, this is who ACT recommened. I was happy with the service i got through them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts