Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are some advantages as well as disadvantages. I was wondering if I should get a lightened flywheel for my USM 1999 P11 G20. I don't know much about flywheels other than it spins with the crankshaft and the weight has alot to do with performance. Can you gain much noticeable HP? or is it just that your engine feels more responsive? Has any P10s done this mod yet? I think the same question for pulleys also. Are both these flywheel and pulley sets help much and worth the money?

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
A lightened flywheel translates to quicker acceleration due to less rotating mass. You should notice some difference. Same concept applies to the UR pulleys as well. ;)
As for whether or not they are worth the money, well, you'll have to be the final judge on that.:x

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
They are so fully and utter worth the money! :) I drove Dpro's P11 with a Jun light flywheel and it was amazing! I can't wait to get mine in.

BTW you won't 'gain' hp with this mod but you'll put more power to the wheels on an inertial dyno. ;) There was a big thread about this last week, called Real Horsepower, or something.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
G-Forces said:
They are so fully and utter worth the money! :) I drove Dpro's P11 with a Jun light flywheel and it was amazing! I can't wait to get mine in.

BTW you won't 'gain' hp with this mod but you'll put more power to the wheels on an inertial dyno. ;) There was a big thread about this last week, called Real Horsepower, or something.

Yep. It's like taking weight off your car.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
G-Forces said:
There was a big thread about this last week, called Real Horsepower, or something.
I was going to post the link to it, but I remembered how overwhelming it was to read all that info.:eek: :confused: :dead:

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
I had my stock flywheel lightened (by about 5 lbs) when i swapped in a new clutch a year and a half ago and it made a very nice difference. The car revs up faster, accelerates faster, etc... I probalby wouldn't recommend going much lighter than a 11-13lb flywheel on a street car, but it's all about personal preference. I personally think a lightened stock one (13-14lbs) is just about perfect for a street car. I really didn't notice a difference with the pulleys like everyone else normally does. But I know they at least help with the water pump, so that makes it worth it for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts