Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I searched the forum but did not come across any help with this:
My lighting to my fog / hazard / rear defogger buttons is non exsistant on my fog and defogger buttons and extremely dim on my hazard button. Is there suppose to be lighting to these bottons? If so, I assume the bulbs are burned out.

Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Yea. At night, they should illuminate. The bulbs are very tiny and you'll prob' have the best luck at getting some type of replacement at Radio Shack.

By the way, 'hint' 'hint', do a search on the Bosch +4's. You'll want to stick with the NGK's after you read up on them. Get the NGK Platinums - PFR6B-11.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It turns out that you can only replace the rear window defogger bulbs (there's two in there, and they cost a couple of bucks each from the Infiniti dealer. With the fog light and hazard switches, you *must* buy new switches (strange, because similar switches on B13 SE-Rs had replaceable bulbs). I'm replacing mine with switches from Pinnacle Nissan -- they were around $20 each. You can order online: http://www.pinnaclenissan.com. I think they're listed under the "body electrical" section.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Friends,

My wife's 1999 G20t seems to have lost the lamps for both the hazard switch and the rear window defogger. From what I'm reading here, these seem to be separate. Is there a fuse I should check before attempting to replace the switch and bulbs?

Also, seems like I can change the bulbs for the defogger button, but need to order a new hazard button.

Are there simple instructions for replacing these components? Do I need to do some surgery to get in there, or do these guys just pop off with a screwdriver?

Thanks!

·
Registered
906 Posts
When you depress the hazard switch is it supposed to flash on and off with the corner lights? My hazard switch only lights up with the dash lights (which is amazing in itself that it still works).

The lights in the defrost switch are easily replaced, but the fog and hazard switch aren't. I took the fog switch apart once and doesn't look like its easy to replace. I had a hell of time just getting it back together~!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the response - right now while driving at night with the headlights on, neither switch is lit up, which makes me think perhaps the 99 G20 doesn't have backlighting for the switches...

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
The defrost and hazard switches don't light up on our 99 either. I think the bulbs are just burned out. It could be a very dangerous situation if you need to hit the 4-ways at night in an emergency and you can't find the button so I doubt they would have designed them to have no illumination.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts