Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people!
I was searching the forums but I couldn't find an answer...
My driver's side fog light (P11) has taken in moisture somehow, causing some "dew-like" water droplets on the inside. I know that the fog light housing may be broken or cracked somewhere but I was unable to find anything pointing to it.
The transparent cover is tight as it should be and the back of the fog light does not have any visible crack.
The rubber seal/o-ring that sets on the bulb cover on the back is in good condition (looks new) and the cap that screws to it is not broken.
I have not hit anything with that side that I remember.
There is also a rubber "u-piece/tube" that seems to be a breather of some kind on the back of the fog light. Am I correct on this?
Can the moisture be entering somehow through that "breather"? (I do not think so because the other fog light is ok)
Has this happened before to anyone?
What would be the best possible way to tell what's wrong with it before I spend some $$$ on a replacement? With all that moisture that fog light just looks plain awful.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Robert

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I used a heat gun to dry it all out and then slowly dunk the light into a bucket of water and see if you can see if any water is getting in your fog light

I have this problem with my passenger light, it is the most annoying thing ever

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sealed it as best as I could. The edge where the clear lens meets the black plastic and also the rear where the bulb cap screws on. The rubber gasket looks new.
I could not find any visible cracks or anything else. I used clear automotive silicone.
It only lasted about four hours. It got tiny droplets the same day.
One question, is that really a u-shaped breather tube on the back or is that something else?
I removed the tube and the tip where it seats has like a red cloth of some kind covering it. I did not remove that small cloth-like thing. I did not want it worse.
I'm back on the drawing board. Any suggestions are very welcome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.