Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im stupid, soo. Yeha i cant figure out how to get my brake rotors off, the front ones... i dont know why i cant. I just dont know..... I could go for a little help here thanks!!

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Remove the caliper and caliper mounting bracket then it will just pull off. If it's stuck there are a couple of threaded holes to use to press them off....m8 iirc.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay soo i looked at the car, there are no "brackets" that can be removed... After i pulled the caliper its all one peace. And it will not come off.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
There are two bolts that hold the caliper to the caliper bracket. There are two bolts that hold the caliper bracket to the hub.
If there is nothing "in the way" of the rotor from coming straight off, then you never separated the caliper from the bracket.
The rotors can be very difficult to remove if they have been on for a long time. They rust to the hub. Use the technique that Mark suggested. Other ways which can be destructive if you are not careful are to use a pry bar, or hammer.
Mine were rusted on tight. I sprayed some penetrating oil between the hub and the rotor, and also at the base of the wheel lug bolts where they pass through the rotor. Did this repeatedly over a half hour or so. That helped to get them off.
When I put the new ones on I put a very thin smeared coat of anti seize on the face of the hub.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'd get a rubber malet and whack the outside edge not the part that touches the brake pad. Thats what I do and it hasn't failed me yet.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gwar28 said:
I'd get a rubber malet and whack the outside edge not the part that touches the brake pad. Thats what I do and it hasn't failed me yet.
I did jsut that. And it work great. THanks for all the HElp guys.

:bangin: - love you guys!

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
I love this place ........ If all else fails........ Smack it with a Analogue weight device :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts