Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an used K&N drop in filter, model number 33-2031-2. It was on my 2000 G, and it will fit on any P11. Actually this should fit on P10 as well if I didnt remember it wrong. Kinda strange, but it fits on Nissan Maxima too. I paid about 50 bucks for it, used for about 10k miles, perfect condition, everything perfect, just some dust on it(cleanable). I am selling it for 35 bucks shipped.

·
G MERA
5,199 Posts
Is this the one that replaces my airbox with the cone shape filter?

·
Registered
20 Posts
G2002 said:
Is this the one that replaces my airbox with the cone shape filter?
no, the drop-in is shaped just like the sotck filter. it uses the same filter element as the cone but replaces your exsisting filter without removing or modification of any stock parts. oh yeah, it also sounds nice when used in a stock air-box mod setup.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is a direct replacement filter, not a cone filter. This is less restrictive than the stock filter, so more airflow, and more power.

·
Registered
10 Posts
B13 Rob P10 said:

oh yeah, it also sounds nice when used in a stock air-box mod setup.
i just bought one, what is this??^^^^^^^^^^^ Thanx

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he means it creates some nice sound inside the stock airbox. In fact it does, just little intake sound

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
question

how much sound in comparison to a cone filter? I don't like how loud the cone filters are myself... the g20 is supposed to be a lux car.. as in not as much noise is heard... if I want to hear the a loud engine, I get in a different car that is meant to be heard.. how much howling noise is it anyway?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: question

Chris said:
how much sound in comparison to a cone filter? I don't like how loud the cone filters are myself... the g20 is supposed to be a lux car.. as in not as much noise is heard... if I want to hear the a loud engine, I get in a different car that is meant to be heard.. how much howling noise is it anyway?
A little louder than stock only after 4500 rpm. Below that, it is barely noticeable. For the people who wants more performance than stock, and dont like the loudness of the cone filter, this K&N is a good way to go. Also, the K&N is still for sale $35 shipped, also it has been cleaned and recharged with K&N recharging kit. Basically it is like new again

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: grrr

Chris said:
unfortunately, I just replaced my stock filter and bought another for after my Alaska trip... so I won't need a filter for a while... I wish I would have known before spending $20 on 2 factory ones.. oh well... such is life!!!!!
Arr, but anyways, these K&N last forever because they are cleanable, so in the long run, you will still save money. If no one takes it, then I can just put it in my parent's Maxima(same filter)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts