Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
i drove a stock gt around in the parking lot, very sweet, one of the perks of being a manager of a ford service center that won the ford presidents award. we won the presidents award last year too, that means we get a ford gt and at least one shelby this year

·
Registered
504 Posts
randyo156 said:
maybe you dont know what a street race is?
kinda takes two cars :lol:
Well, according to some state/city laws, a 'street race' doesn't even necessarily require another car to be present. (I was reading the thread about Miami cops earlier :nerd: )

nelson said:
falls under the same category of irresponsibility to me.
Yeah, which is why I wonder if I could ever truly enjoy owning such a pure performance car like that (the GT is "freakin' sweet"). As far as city driving is concerned, you're limited by so many factors. Accelerating wildly and driving hard within speed limits can't really be done responsibly, because no matter how talented a driver you are, you can't account for everyone else. So pretty much owning something like that seems like a waste - unless you're involved in SCCA races or the like.

·
Registered
707 Posts
a guy that lives down the street from me has a ford gt, it is sweet, ima steal it :bandit:
he also has a porsche, a corvette, two lexus SUVs and a brand new F150 none of em are over like 2-3 years old :scared:

·
USPSA M/Pro
5,126 Posts
i think it was a cast part they were using in the suspension had problems, either spindle or part fo a control arm - upon visual inspection a couple of them looked like they had hairline stress marks. this was on GTs that were regularly driven to the limits. since ford can't have anyone dying in their GT at 200+ mph from the GT falling apart, ford recalled them. they had someone forge and CNC machine an aluminum replacement that cost something like $5000 to do since it was a rush job. ouch $$$.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Yeah that car kiks ass. All you would have to do is debadge it...:):) anyone remember the japanes guy with the nx (i think, mayb it was a ferari) who had a similar video to this...apparently they gave him a speeding ticket based on the video he made that proved he was going tooo fast :)

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Yeah defenetly the GT is a thing apart from all the other Fords...I saw one 2 months ago, it was a grey one with silver stripes, and that thing sounds sweet, I tried to catch up with him, but got smoked so bad :shifty:...it wasn't a race though, its just that the guy entered the freeway and went crazy, I saw him again, like 6 or 7 miles later and had a state trooper on his back with its lights on :p...I was laughing so bad :cheeky:.

Rob

1 - 16 of 16 Posts