Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing a tune up on my G earlier today and when pulling the plug number four this is what I go. I'm not sure what would cause this.

I hope it is just water that settled around the plug causing rust. The rest of the plugs were as shiny as the day I put them in. Does anyone else have an idea or seen something like this?

One last question, I need to relocate my trunk pin for my alarm. I installed it next to the trunk latch, and have now had to replace it twice.
I was wondering if anyone knew if theres are anything more than springs to lift the trunk of if they are part of the stock system.

I Could not find any diagram of them in the FSM, so I think they are just springs.

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Yeah its just water been surrounding the plug......... Clean out the hole well & use a lil petrolium jelly on the plug cap seals @ the top .......... Thut shood sort it :beard:

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
your plug doesn't look fouled, just water in there as you suggested. make sure you put the spark plug wire boot on tight on the valve cover.

and yes, the pic you posted is only a spring. quarter turn to remove that thing.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Use dielectric grease. Put a little inside the boot, and a little on the porcelain of the spark plug. Dielectric grease is the correct stuff to use in this application. You can buy it at any auto parts store. Petroleum Jelly will not take the heat and melt and make a mess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts