Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah i "found" a g20t tranny out of a 96 g20t. I'm going to do a full rebuild on it and was just wondering if the only other thing i need in order to install it is a Driverside axle from an automatic g20 tranny. Also is there a certain year i should get the axle from are are they all the same in 91-96? Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
You don't need a halfshaft out of an auto.. you need the proper 5-spd touring model ones. Call up BAP, tell them you have a G20t, and they'll set you up with the correct ones.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I did the g20t conversion on my 93 g20 and I had to change both axles and the axle mount that bolts to the engine block. That's it. I only checked that ONE of the non vlsd axles didn't fit so i just picked up the vlsd ones and used them. I don't know about the automatic axle. vlsd...I love it.

Leonard

·
Registered
48 Posts
I put an LSD tranny in my '94. You should be able to use the same passenger's side half-shaft, but you need the LSD-specific half-shaft for the driver's side from a Touring model. I am almost positive this is how it will work out.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I'll just get one for a G20t model i guess that makes more since then getting the automatic drivers side one. Soon its all about the vlsd.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts