Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my GC in the rears some days ago and left the AGX on setting 1. It is alittle under stock height level also. Last night I was in a parking lot with speed bumps. I took one too fast and when my rear came down I hit the bump stops and didn't sound or feel good....I was hoping that we had alittle more travel than the 200SX/Sentra. I've read about it being too short and people feel it all the time....so I think I will have to order the new rear mounts from www.motivational.com which supposedly gives 1 1/2 inch more travel. Costing $88 plus shipping but they are close to me....Just warning you guys who are getting AGX shocks and lowering springs/coilovers.

Well today I beefed it up alittle and set the AGX to 4.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Hehe, yeah tony I could have told you this. ;) Those motivational plates are worth the money. Plus getting the bumpstops they sell would help a lot too.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah...I should have known better...but either way its pretty easy to do and gives me another reason to get dirty and mess with the car...

·
Registered
358 Posts
TY423 said:
I was hoping that we had alittle more travel than the 200SX/Sentra. . Costing $88 plus shipping but they are close to me..
Nope, the B14 (200SX) rear suspension is the same as the B11, so the lack of travel is the same. I have the Motivational rear
plates on my P11 with GCs and they really improved the ride. Mike at Motivational is cool so you can probably go over and pick them up if you're in the Long Beach area. He also has good Koni bumpstops if you need those.

Don McLaurin

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Im thinking about getting those when i get my SA-1s, but are they compatable with the stillen rear strut brace? Does it actually do anything to your trunk space (not like i really care)?:cool:

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
freaktroll said:
Im thinking about getting those when i get my SA-1s, but are they compatable with the stillen rear strut brace? Does it actually do anything to your trunk space (not like i really care)?:cool:
I thought the JIC Magic kit comes as a full replacement with spherical bearings, fully assembled and everything.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Uhhhh????

I dont get it:monkey:

I was talking about the motivational rear plates for extra travel. More travel is always good, and im going to get the SA-1s, and I already have the stillen strut tower bars... i was just wondering if it would all fit together nicely:nervous:
I dont know much about the SA-1s... Am I missing something here?:surprised

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Yeah you are. If you get teh JIC SA-1 or SF-1 they come as a complete unit and the motivational plates would be a waste of money not to mention they probably won't even work.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not only that...but aren't the JIC & Teins most likey lowered the height of the shock body? Most suspension companies do that since they know that the car will be riding lower anyways so therefore designed to give more travel..

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Right! The TEINS and JIC both have shortened strut bodies. TEINS about 1/2" and the JIC's have more.

I just got a contract with Microsoft (shad'up Brian ;)) and might treat myself to a new suspension setup. Can't decide between CG/AGX or JIC Magic. :confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts