Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe this is the correct placement for this.

Finally found a site that sells FSM's for the G20 at a decent price. Atleast the '96 FSM is much cheaper than what the local dealership wanted to charge me.

http://www.books4cars.com/search.asp?findmake=Infiniti&findyear=&finddesc=g20&Submit=Go!

If anyone know of a cheaper place to get a '96 FSM (NEW) than here, please email me or post it here for others. Still trying to convince myself that it's worth the $$$. I know, I know, I already know...

THANKS!

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Niiice, looks like they have some nice cheap FSM's on there. No reason not to snatch those up guys. :D

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Argh!!! Just bit the bullet! :(

Err! Shouldn't that be...

...Woohooo! I just bought me a FSM! :D

Should be here in 6-8 business days!

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
trbobrk said:
I'm still astonished how much those books cost. Good thing my car came with a set! :p
You're lucky! Some people bought their P10's used and never even knew it came with a FSM. :-\

I wish the P11's came with a FSM off the lot. :(

·
Registered
616 Posts
Darn it!!! I ordered last night and they emailed me this morning saying they ran out of the 1994 ones. That sucks! I have not been able to find any anywhere, and yes I did search throughout the car.

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
Try Ebay weekly. I've seen them for P10's many times.

I checked now, and there is none currently, however when there is, they are usually dirt cheap.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I too have seen them many times. Always was 1994 for sale, too. Prob is, they all have disappeared since I bought my car (murphy's law) and the other problem is I know of at least 4 forum members also looking for a 1994 manual.

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
I'll keep my eyes peeled for you guys. I remember I used to post them in the classifieds in case people were interested. No one ever seemed to bid on them.

But of course now that you need them, they're gone. :(

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: geez

Chris said:
I happen to have a 93.5 and that manual is the MOST expensive at $170! What makes the 93.5 so special that it commands the most expensive service manual.... YIKES!!!! ...good thing I still have the mini version in the trunk!!!!
My guess is that since they list it as a '93, it might have the '93.5 supplement in there as well. This might make it cost more than a standard '93 FSM. I can't see it costing $80 more, but then again...

...stranger things have happened.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
I've bought two FSM's off of ebay... second one was a replacement as a friend's dog got into my first one a tore up a couple pages while it was on loan. I got the FSM under $40 shipped, i think the replacement he bought cost around $40 as well and it had a suppliment in it too. If you can find one, they are cheap on ebay (unless you all fight for the same one hehe). I think Kyle has my other FSM now (minus parts of a couple pages) =)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DAMN THEM! DAMN THEM!

I just got a voicemail at work this morning that they no longer have the 1996 FSM in stock and to give them a call in a few months. BASTARDS!

I finally decide to buy one, get confirmation order had been processed then get the total shaft!

DAMN THEM! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry for these dumb questions, but:
1) What does FSM stand for?
2) Will it show me how to do all the work on my car?

Thanks fellas.

JP

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NinetyThreeG said:
Sorry for these dumb questions, but:
1) What does FSM stand for?
Factory Service Manual
2) Will it show me how to do all the work on my car?
Yes!

It is the bible to your car!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks alot :cool: I need me one of those.

JP

·
Registered
616 Posts
NinetyThreeG said:
Thanks alot :cool: I need me one of those.

JP
Hmmp. Don't we all.

Not only is it the "bible" to your car, but the thing lists common problems and symptoms, in the good old "choose your own adventure" format where it asks you a question and tells you to go to pg 3, where it asks you another question and if the answer is yes do such-and-such but if the answer is no...etc. etc.

The one I had for my Sentra was about 9x11 inches and 2.25 inches thick...with near-bible-thin paper. It weighed in at around 7-8 lbs...That's why they cost a ton. I didn't count how many pages there were, but I would guess at least 1,000.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have a 1993.5 and I think it is the most expensive because it comes with a 1993 FSM and a supplement 1993.5 FSM to tell you what is changed from the 1993

1 - 18 of 18 Posts