Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PART 1= Ask the question -Lets all try to ask the most asked question here just hit reply in this post and ask the frequently asked question.

Please one question per post, if you have more then 1 fqa you can give it just hit reply and post one, then hit reply and post the next then the next what we can do is after we ask alot of q's we will go back and edit and put a detailed answer in each post..

PART 2= We will put the detailed answer and also post links wich can further help

casual

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
HUH? :confused:

1. That is what the forum is for!
2. That is what the search function is for!
3. There is no need for excessuve redundancy.

Here are my questions to you:

Are you a moderator or administrator? If not, why are you trying to creat a FAQ's post? The whole reason this forum (as well as all other forums) was created is to answer peoples question based on the topic within the posted thread not to search through a huge list of questions and answers posted in one single thread.

If you are so inclined to assist with the FAQ's page then contact the Admins of the forum and ask them if they need any assistance.

Not trying to come down on you, and this is a great idea, but you need to know that this was already a topic of discussion and I believe is already being taken care of.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
link

Ohh no you didn't!! If you had a problem with this frequently asked post then why didn't you ignore it if it bothered you so much.

1&2. you say, "thats what the forum is for" - Cool I understand and agree. Personally i never wanted a frequently asked q section but alot of people start to get anal when they hear repetitive questions from others on the FORUM . Your search function is not all that! You pretty much have to know the exact title of the post you are looking to even closely get results for what you are searching for .

3. Duh there is no need for excessive redundancy, therfore >>>>one post with alot of fqa until the moderators put up that section . Was it such a bad idea to put up a temporary fqa someone else let me know what you think.

Here are my answers to you
Are you a moderator or administrator? No and by the way you can see next to people avatars wether or not they are a moderator wich leads me to beleive you were trying to be sarcastic.

If not, why are you trying to creat a FAQ's post? Because I thought it would be helpfull as like a first timers read here sort of like an introdution to mods and etc.. If it was so wrong then sorry! Unstead of going after someone wich is posting something that will impede the progress of the forum you come after me who had nothing but good intentions by this post

I'm not trying to step on the administrators toes I just wanted to have something here for the meanwhile.

quote "Not trying to come down on you, and this is a great idea, but you need to know that this was already a topic of discussion and I believe is already being taken care of."

since you were not trying to come down on me in a sarcastic way then i wonder why you didnt just pm me unstead of posting it here

that was cute though how you tried to shine on me ! if i did state something wich was questionable i would understand but you are just trying to shine now..

if you truly were not trying to come down on me then pm me your answer and do not reply here
as far as i'm concerned the situation is squashed .

CASUAL

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
i lYkE g20s dEy aRe pHaT yO. wHuT eNgInE dO dEy hAvE aNd iZ iT fAsT. yO.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Oh yes I did! The SEARCH function works. It's just like any other forum that us SR20 owners frequently visit. It isn't perfect and neither are any of the other forum's searchs.

On a side note:
You know what I have just about had it with all of the "newbie" bullshit. We need to come up with a new word for new members on forums. It is so burnt into the ground.

Anyhow,
there are several posts on here that are redundant questions about the G20 and the answers are already readily available within this forum. That is what a forum is all about. This is not a BBS.

It's a damn forum. Forums grow and forums become engrossed with redundancy, but if it can be kept at a minimum, then there is no need to create a 30 page post of all the 'frequently' asked questions and answers to those questions.

If this is what you want then go start a text formatted BBS and let people append their posts one after another and another and another and another until you spend 10 hours scrolling through the post and still didn't find your answer.

So when someone like myself jokingly replies with some sarcasm, you feel like I have attacked your credibility, your knowledge, your self being and want me to PM you. Forget it.

Again, this is a Public forum and when posts are made, replies are given. I am replying.

Now, if you were trying to gather information to create a FAQ's page that we can link to. Great! The www.se-r.net FAQ's have been somewhat overlooked over the years.

If you do follow through with gathering FAQ's and this becomes a centralized resource for us G20 owners I applaud you. But remember, most of the FAQ's that you are requesting us to post again in your thread have already been posted in the Forum, SE-R Digest, and or www.SE-R.net and the answers are already there as well. Just gather all of those and I can guarantee you will have quite a library of G20 and SR20 FAQ's to keep you busy for quite some time.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
FF Drifter said:
i lYkE g20s dEy aRe pHaT yO. wHuT eNgInE dO dEy hAvE aNd iZ iT fAsT. yO.
This is eactly what I am talking about!

By the way, FF Drifter, I am LMAO right now. Great intervention!

:lol: Thanks! Needed that.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
blah blah blah you just running your mouth !
stay away from the post if you dont approve but obviously you tried to mess it up by reposting again so don't give me that crap about if you continue with this idea because you f'd it up already with your rant!

Oh yes I did! The SEARCH function works. It's just like any other forum that us SR20 owners frequently visit. It isn't perfect and neither are any of the other forum's searchs.
you are arguing with yourself!

On a side note:
You know what I have just about had it with all of the "newbie" bullshit. We need to come up with a new word for new members on forums. It is so burnt into the ground.
Deal with it because like you said public forum so they call them whatever they want for as long as they want ..

there are several posts on here that are redundant questions about the G20 and the answers are already readily available within this forum. That is what a forum is all about. This is not a BBS.
your babbling again! noone wanted to make it a BBS what an accusation with no merits for one post about FAQ

It's a damn forum. Forums grow and forums become engrossed with redundancy, but if it can be kept at a minimum, then there is no need to create a 30 page post of all the 'frequently' asked questions and answers to those questions.
Thats your opinion! so go ahead state it 50 times you can reply 100 times still your opinion

So when someone like myself jokingly replies with some sarcasm, you feel like I have attacked your credibility, your knowledge, your self being and want me to PM you. Forget it.
i never said anything about you atacked my credibility what thread are you reading where did you ever get credibility ? who is talking about credibility and self being and knowledge? Only you!

only reason i said to pm me was so that you did not mess up this thread with your babble but obviously you were rude enough to continue on and unstead of setling it on the side you come back to babble!

Now, if you were trying to gather information to create a FAQ's page that we can link to. Great! The www.se-r.net FAQ's have been somewhat overlooked over the years.
This is g20.net so if i was trying to find faq from ser.net i would just post a link to it go back and read the beginning it WAS a faq from this forum i stress was because it was until you begin to blah blah blah

u know what man this internet arguing is not doing anything for me maybe this excites you so that why you replied but no thank you for me..
u an go on and babble to yourself

Thread closed due to these rants.:cheeky: :square:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
cas8_1999 said:

Thread closed due to these rants.:cheeky: :square:
Closed?

Do you have any clue what the hell your trying to achieve. Where the hell do you come off saying that I am babbling. Why not re-read your initial post. The majority of the post doesn't even make sense. Bad grammar, spelling, and incomplete sentences. Damn, and you try to come on here and post this shit.

Do you have any knowledge of your car, the engine in it, or do you seem to have any value to add to this forum at this moment except for a bunch of links to other sites for parts, cosmetics, etc. and a post about stuff that has already been acheived! I think not.

If you had any clue, you would know that the www.se-r.net to many is the beginning of this entire community of SR20 powered cars. And if you had any clue, you'd know tha many of us came from the roots of that web site as well as the various mailing lists that contributed to the majority of the aftermarket growth of the SR20 powered cars.

And as for your thread! It is as redundant as a BBS. You don't go to a forum to read through a 30 page post about what you want to have answered. You look for specific posts and read about your specific issues, problems, ideas, etc.

See, I generally have a lot to contribute to the forum. I try to assist in any way I can and provide the knowledge I have gathered over the years from personal experience, others experiences, and what I have read, but every so often I put myself in a position that seems in some members eyes as sarcastic and assinine. Like now. Why do I do it. I get frustrated when newer members like yourself try to validate my integrity, the forums integrity and what we have to offer.

I stated the facts about your intial post. It is useless!.

That's the FAQ's!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Guys, give it a rest. This forum is one of the better ones out there for a level of maturity and tolerance.

cas was trying something which is probably unecessary, and if it was needed it would be down to boogie and co. BUT, it wasn't a bad idea.

Nismo? Did he catch you on an off day or something? Why did you go off on one like that? There wasn't any need.

I'd prefer it if this forum stayed the way it is and we could avoid the flame wars seen on the games forums, populated by l337 haxOrs threatening to kill each other every third post even though they may not live in the same country, let alone local to each other.

Don't believe me? Look here http://www.ina-community.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=192266

And there are loads more where that came from.
Don't let it get this way. Just let it go.

And do me a favour, don't reply, just let the thread fall of the board.

Thanks

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yo Nismo....Cas was just trying to be helpful. How bout you step down and not have anything to do with it if you got a problem with it. This is stupid and you now F'd up the thread. Hater.

·
Registered
520 Posts
It's all good G. I just had to jump in and say wuz up. Just keep on playin playa.

·
Registered
201 Posts
personally i think this is a great idea. on www.maxima.org they have a faq and it is very helpful. instead of newbies asking repetitive questions (which they still do, and will always do) they have a place to go to see most questions and the answers. although i'm not a member there i've learned a lot of info from the faq's.

this thread has lost it's original intent due to everybody, including myself, posting replys as opposed to q then a. i suggest a moderator start a new thread and hold it at the top and regulate it. if it's regualted in that the only replys that are allowed are q then a or follow up to a previous answer i think that this will be a great success.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts