Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup y'all! I desperately need to replace my front brake pads AND most likely the rotors too. I've never done a brake job before. Is it easy? It seems easy. It doesn't look like it would require any majaor skill. So, can I do it on my own? Thanx!

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I find that the brake system is reasonably easy to work with but you need to know what you're doing.

Not stopping is way worse than not going :smile:

If you can find someone with some experience to work with you and look over your shoulder for your first brake job, I think it would wise and a good learning experience. From there...you'll be good.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Replacing the brakes is one of the easiest DYI jobs you can do with the proper tools.

In addition, you'll learn about the mechanics of your brake system. You'll also save money on buying your own parts and installing them yourself.

I've replaced my front/rear rotors, calipers, pads earlier this year with little or no problems. The only problem was loosening the bolts.

This site is a great place to ask questions and feedback...

Check my thread that has details of my 2000 Infinit G20t:

http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45636&page=1&pp=20

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Download the Factory manual and follow the directions. Brake jobs are not hard, but like everything if you can follow the directions in the manual the job will go smoothly. Do one wheel at a time so if you get confused you can always look at the other wheel to see how things go back together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts