Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm very much the noob here and I need to vent. I am really not sure how I did this, but it is likely from repeatedly going out this one driveway at my work that is a really steep angle before it reaches the street lol....
Pretty much the whole bumper is loose and I'm terrified that it's going to fall off.

I don't think my insurance is gonna cover this since it really doesn't look like hit\run damage. The Infiniti dealer quoted me $1200 plus tax for them to replace it, which sounds very reasonable, considering the prices of the body kits on the cosmetic mods sticky...... But any recs for a body shop in the north Seattle/Bothell/Everett area would be much appreciated.
Anyway, thanks for looking/reading my rambling :)

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
thats really not bad damage...
the part of the bumper between the headlights where the bumper clips
were holding down the bumper, break them off (the clips). go get some
washers, nuts, and bolts and re-attach. thats how mine is held down.
Then check all your other mounting points: one under each wheel well
where the bumper meets the funder, and two under neath the car on
either side of the cross-member.

as for that chunk missing from the bottom of your bumper...
start being more careful when pulling in & out of the drive way,
and go in and out on an angle. if you dont feel like spending
ridiculous amounts of money at a body shop: go get some bondo,
go to www.paintscratch.com (looks like your code is KR4),
and pickup some color matched paint, head to a hardware store and
get some sandpaper, and do it yourself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've got the same problem with my bumper, I just bought a new one from I think p10 on the boards here for 275 it has some minor imperfections but luckily its kr4 paint color like your car. Then I hit up kragen auto parts for some body putty and fine sand paper its a pretty easy deal.

I had to replace mine because the scratches on my bumper are much to large to repair and I broke of the bottom two joint attachments on the bumper next to the wheels.

YEEK, but I'm going to do all the work this weekend and I can show you before and after pics if you want.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your suggestions. I am trying the nut\bolt\washer idea {will post a pic of this later} but I don't know how long it will hold since the areas are so torn up. Hopefully it will be alright until I get any sort of tax return then I can figure out what to do next.

YoYoFREAKZ- Before and after pics would be great. Anything would help me out at this point :D

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Cyanocobalamin said:
Thanks for all your suggestions. I am trying the nut\bolt\washer idea {will post a pic of this later} but I don't know how long it will hold since the areas are so torn up. Hopefully it will be alright until I get any sort of tax return then I can figure out what to do next.

YoYoFREAKZ- Before and after pics would be great. Anything would help me out at this point :D
it will hold fine as long as you use a big enough washer.
and like mentioned above, i wouldnt suggest looking into a new
bumper if this kinda thing is goin keep happening with the driveway.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I was only able to get this one bolted down. The bumper clip snapped off easily but for the life of me I couldn't get the other two off.... But the bumper is secured back onto the fender piece, just a teensy bit cockeyed and not really noticeable unless you look -really- hard. Mr. Cyan [my male alter ego] can get the big ding fixed for me for like $30 :D

As for my work driveway issue, it is an easy fix.... there is another driveway on the other side of the parking lot I'll have to start using. And practicing driving at an angle over speedbumps and such -just in case- i want to have the whole derned car lowered. But I think I'll stick to relatively easy mods for the near future since i'm just starting to learn the ins and outs... :cool:

·
Registered
20,860 Posts
Speed bumps, you either clear them or you don't, just go slow. If you start to scrape, go somewhere else.

Curb cuts and angled crests and valleys, you can cheat by going at a crazy angle to minimize the elevation change the length of the car. Some places you just can't go, you need to learn how to look at the pavement and come up with a strategy for getting around and also know when to take an alternate.

·
Registered
312 Posts
stop before you buy anything....my infiniti dealer quoted me at 300 painted/labor....and in the mean time go to the local auto shop and buy some sticky goo....holds you bumper nicely but is only a temp fix...

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
ChriS Ka pWn said:
stop before you buy anything....my infiniti dealer quoted me at 300 painted/labor....and in the mean time go to the local auto shop and buy some sticky goo....holds you bumper nicely but is only a temp fix...
That is a lot of money for bumper work. I had my I30's bumper fixed after a parking lot hit and run for about half that and the work was done well enough that I can't even tell it was done.

·
Registered
312 Posts
mattb said:
That is a lot of money for bumper work. I had my I30's bumper fixed after a parking lot hit and run for about half that and the work was done well enough that I can't even tell it was done.
was for a new bumper painted and labor.....it seems reasonable to me....lot better than 1k

1 - 12 of 12 Posts