Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
I have a 1998 UK 2.0L P11 SLX Primera, It currnetly has the 257.0mm standard front disks. I want to run the GT 280.0 mm front disks. What bits do I need to aquire?
Any one had this done and can advise on costs?

cheers

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
I'm guessing you'd need the calipers, rotors and pads. It should all just bolt up. I'm assuming that the lines would be the same.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kool, I was worried I would at most need to get hold of the whole hub assembly , I was told that I would need to get differant carriers to the ones I have to allow for the bigger disk?.
I am now on my quest to find callipers

cheers

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I'd be worried about the bracket that the caliper bolts to. It seems to be a matter of getting one's hands on the kit and simply looking at it, though. The caliper bracket doesn't even bother me too much. Go buy a set and find out! ;)

Hmm...I wonder how much the 280mm system costs, shipped to the US? I know that the Brembo P11 system bolts right up to my B15, but I don't want to even think about $1800 for a brake kit. :p FastBrakes.com also has a kit for B15s, but the cost for that is also a little scary.

Do y'all have salvage yards like the high-end ones here? Lots of places will buy entire cars from wrecks, strip all of the parts, clean them, check for abnormal wear/damage, and then warehouse the parts for sale; the whole operation runs like a new parts store as far as the consumer sees. The price for parts from these "used parts stores" are usually quite reasonable (especially compared to new parts from a dealer). Well, do you? ;)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Nope, we have scrapyards, which buy in crash cars of any nature, who drag/drop/push around with fork lifts then leave it in the open to rust. You go down there with your tools, hunt around to find something you want, remove it yourself, pay for it, and take a chance that it works! they'll mark the item with a bit of colour paint to show that its been bought there, so that if theres any come backs, they MIGHT even give you a refund. Most of these guys that own scrapyards, probably go out and steel the cars for parts anyways.

Having said that, there are good ones, but few and far between.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts