Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had the choice to have the front lisence plate on or off what would you choose? those who have to have it on do you wish you could take it off? Do you think it looks cleaner with nothing in the front?

·
Registered
863 Posts
OFF.

Fortunately, in my country we don't use the front license plate. But anyway the car came with a UGLY squares holes so I have to made miself a plate, and I put the nismo brand on it. Looks cool.:pirate:

·
Registered
46 Posts
i personally think that the car looks cleaner w/o front license plate. but you know it is illegal in the states to not have front plates. the ticket is about $44. But I have not gotten a ticket for not having front plates. I put mine in my dash behind the front windshield. Just becareful.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not illegal in all states. Actually I can't think of more than 6 states that require it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I took mines off. It looks cleaner without the license plate, I think. I live in Jersey, and it's illegal to have the front license plate off. I've had mine off for about 2 months now. Haven't been stopped yet :D *knock on wood* I just keep it between my passenger seat and middle console. but ummm, if they ever stop me and pull me over for that, i'm just gonna tell them that my front license plate holder/frame broke and I ordered a new one from the Infiniti dealership and should be in any day. Hopefully they buy that story and just give me a warning or watevers :x

·
Registered
194 Posts
I agree that it looks better on P11's to leave the front plate off (as long as it's legal). On my P10, I really like the look of having a G20 plate on there.

·
Registered
520 Posts
LuvaH D said:
I put mine in my dash behind the front windshield.
Might as well not even put it there b/c the plate has to be in a certain spot on the front of the car. Puting your plate in the dash really does nothing to avoid a ticket. If its illegal in your state and a cop pulls you over...its for not having a plate on the front bumper.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
i live in jerzey/florida what is tight is i registered the car in fl so i only have to have rear plate then its cool when i'm in jerz they can't give me no ticket for it and trust me in jerz theres a ticket for everything and one more thing i get away with is my tint because they got strict laws in jerz for tint but in fl they dont give a damn so i can't get a ticket for it in jerz

and as far as the question on liscence plate i say OFF for all cars

casual

·
Registered
470 Posts
I took mine off. Looks so much damn better.

Its illegal in massachusetts not to have one on the front if your lettering is red instead of green. mine is red.

But who cares. Been a full year and nothing...sooo Damn I have hyper white blinkers and those are suppose to be illegal too right? Nothing. I have aftermarket HIDs and those are suppose to be illegal here too but nothing. I have illegal tint but thats suppose to be illegal too..but nothing

Around here so many laws......no one enforces it though. ONLY THE TRULY DICK COPS...once in a while you hear a story but that's it.

I say take the plate off.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I wished in the uk we could run without the front plates,but its illegal especiallay with all the forward facing speed camera's we now have in the uk.

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
I had a real euro plate but now with the molded front i dont have holes and it looks better without one, florida dont need a front plate

·
Registered
432 Posts
off-but I gotta have one on up here

today I just bent the top part of the plate(it says Beautiful British Columbia) and mounted it under my bumper-it looks alot better and cleaner

·
Registered
140 Posts
no question it looks better without one in tha front, but in missouri we have to have one in tha front, but if tha tickets only $44 I'll go ahead and pull mine off....is that tha case?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts