Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife was in a parking lot in a space next to the curb (passenger side). When she squeezed into the spot, she did not straighten out the wheels like usual. When she got back in the car and backed out, she forgot that the wheel was turned and the wheel scraped against the curb! There is now a 3 inch scrape on her wheel that looks bad to me (but not that bad to my wife.)

Is there anything I can do to smooth out the "teeth-like" marks? I don't think it is possible to make it look perfect, just less noticeable.......Can I wet sand that portion and then wax it?????

Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha! If I didn't let her drive the G20, then I'd have to let her drive my Acura TL-S. It's her car (hence, the name "notmyG20" ;) ), but I really love it. When she had a civic, I could care less what happened to it, but with her new G20, I treat it as if it were my own!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I was in halfords the other weekend and I saw a special product for repairing minor scratches and chips in your alloys..... I know this is the uk but I guess you must have some alternative over in the US

Kev

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
it happens...

Anyone can accidently curb a rim.. not just women.. I bought a set of 15" rims for my g20 and one of them has very slight curb rash.. (from the former MALE owner who admitted it happened). I just put it on the passanger front (rim most likely to get curbed again -- if ever)... and I don't see it... the rim isn't bent and it is only slight on the lip... it isn't a new car any more.. that's all.

You can take some fine sand paper and smooth it out to make it look a little better if you like... but I wouldn't get another wheel.. what happens if/when you get it curbed again? Chances are you are the only one to really notice it (unless there is a chunk missing from the wheel)...

I know I get all upset the first nick I get in new paint but cars are meant to be driven and things happen... just enjoy the car and let her enjoy it!

that's my .02 anyway

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chris- I'm probably gonna try to sand it down and refinish it to take away the "bite" marks.

As far as Males curbing their rim.....I've done it before on older cars....I wasn't saying that I'm not capable of the same thing. =)

As far as letting her enjoy it, I do.....she is worse than me with every little spec on her car. The Rim mark bothers her, it just doesn't look as bad to her as it looks to me. Trust me, she enjoys the car, and really enjoys telling me to wash it when it's dirty!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts