Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey wassup guys...my 1st post here! anyways, i was soo happy when i got my 99 g2oT.however, i was saddened because of the lack of aftermarket parts for this car...we could really use some air scoops on the roof a la WRX and a couple of kits here and there since im tying to convert this car to a rally car...

also, my front is slifghtly a diff color so i was just wondering..any of u guys have any ideas on how much it would cost to color match???

thanks a lot!

btw..whos planning or who placed a dvd player on the car already? im really new to that so i have no clue about where the wires would pass...

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm afraid that aftermarket kits are few and far between, Yours is a p11 isnt it?

Two common front additions are either the wings west front lip www.wingswest.com or the Stillen Front lip www.stillen.com

personally I'm not into scoops very much as I think they spoil the sleek lines of the G20/Primera but you will probably be able to find a generic one that you can adapt to your needs.

Also, You should not be frustrated by the lack of aftermarket parts. you should use it as an excuse to be extra creative, this will allow you to create a truely unique car unlike every aftermarket honda on the road. If you spend a bit of time looking through the posts most people like myself include their mods at the bottom of their posts, this will also help you with ideas.

Have Fun!!

Kev

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks!

yo wouldnt you think that a kit that exposes the intercooler would look cool on this car? Im also planning to put an SE-R emblem and a nismo one to boot..

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
xSR20DEx said:
thanks!

yo wouldnt you think that a kit that exposes the intercooler would look cool on this car? Im also planning to put an SE-R emblem and a nismo one to boot..
.....SE-R emblem?:surprised Why an SE-R emblem?

·
Registered
138 Posts
not to be an ass or anything, and i'm sure someones gonna mention it sooner or later... but please use the search function before asking anything, you'll get loads of information faster than waiting for someone to reply to your questions especially if its been asked before, but if you can't find the answer using the search function than of course post it...anyways...

Welcome to the forums man!!!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
There are full bodykits (Nismo, Impul, D Garden, Varis etc.) for the G20/Primera, but you would have to import them from Japan. Either that, or like kfairburn mentioned - you could always make a custom kit if you've got the time and money.

For your color problem - it is hard to say, unless we could see it first hand. Usually when you go to a bodyshop to get something painted, the paint code will not be exactly the same colour as the color the car originally came in. This was the case with me, when I got my front lip painted. Since you're in CA, I think you should check out some paint shops for an estimate - I'm sure there are many.

Welcome to the familia! :rambo:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey thanks a lot!!!!!

...haha i didnt mean to sound like an idiot on my 1st post...anyways, SE-R emblem? arent the p11s running on se_R engines?? i may have misread it somewhere....but yeah wasnt this the engine used by the sylvias(but not turbocharged), and the 240 sxs? i could be totally wrong. I just thought itd look sweet to put an se-R emblem on it since some people still think im driving an american car...

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
OKAY, the engine we have in our cars is the SR20DE. It is a naturally aspiriated, SR engine *these engines are also found yes, in the JDM Nissan Siliva, as well as some other really nice sports cars*, 2.0L DOHC, EFI. This exact engine happens to also be in the "200SX (a rebadged Sentra)" and the Sentra SE-R (great car, better than the aforementioned, IMO). Putting the SE-R sticker kinda makes you look umm... ricey. The engine is not an SE-R engine. Our cars just happen to have the SR20DE engine, but it's not like we yanked it off the SE-R, okay?

The 240SX has a KA24DE engine, which is pretty much meant to be dropped into trucks. Nissan thought it'd be a great idea to take the JDM 180SX/Silvia (same car) and drop a bigger displacement truck engine into it and sell it here in the USA as a "240SX." Obviously, we stupid Americans liked it too, because the cars were snapped up. However, the REAL engine SUPPOSED to be in it is the SR20DET, *SR engine, 2.0L, DOHC, EFI, turboed am I getting repititious?* This engine must be the greatest Inline Four in the world, cuz you'll find even Supra tuners taking out thier 2JZs and putting the SR20DET in. The engine makes between 205~250 HP stock (depending on year) and yes, there are SR20DETs that'll drop into our car. This post is long enough, so if you're really interested, there's that nifty "search" button up there that'll point you this way and that and explain more than you've asked for.;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
holy geez...now i hate being a newbie, but iguess this is my initiation...thanks for the 411...

it alrite if my car'd look ricey..im filipino. I just thought that sr20de and the sr20det were the same..i forgot about that T so i really got confused..i really wasnt into nissans till i saw that silvia conversion so i was hecka excited to learn that the cars share the same enj...thanks for the 411

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
FF Drifter said:
Our cars just happen to have the SR20DE engine, but it's not like we yanked it off the SE-R, okay?
Actually the SR20DE was originally designed for the Primera. It was just used first in a different car. :-\

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
xSR20DEx said:
it alrite if my car'd look ricey..im filipino.

I'm filipino too. Can't use your ethnicity as an excuse now, can you? Sorry, still hate rice, unless it's on my plate.
:smoke:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts