Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Get it before a dealer does. $4k. Minor blemishes body is overall 9.5/10, interior is black I would give this a 10/10 especially for its age. AC compressor needs a new clutch ($300). And there is minor valvetrain noise. I pulled the journal caps off the cams, and the exhaust cam has some scoring. Drove the car last night, and I think this is what can be causing some noise around 3k rpm. I recently changed the timing chain, guides, tensioner, and water pump. Resealed the motor with three bond grey rtv, the motor is air tight. I would recommend changing the exhaust camshaft within the next 20-30k miles, maybe even tackle the rod/main bearings too, and you should have a DE motor that will have no problem breaking into the 250,000's if driven normally.

Its a great car, come take it off my hands so I can get a 2014 I have my eyes on.

PICTURES and VIDEO are all in the Craigslist listing. PM me with interest.

youtube video > https://post.craigslist.org/manage/4083816260
photobucket pictures > http://s91.photobucket.com/user/toekneefurareoh/library/TonysG20T?sort=6&page=1

Recent Maintenance.
-New Timing Chain and Water Pump (Nissan OEM parts, installed 2k miles ago)
-All polyurethane bushings (energy suspension, prothane)
-Professionally cleaned (by Mr. Injector) 259cc stock injectors and wix fuel filter.
-New Kuhmo tires on mint stock mesh style wheels (over 90% of tread left)
-New Exedy Stage 1 Clutch (about 12k miles on new setup)
-New Amsoil GL4 Transmission Fluid (Transmission is very smooth never abused since I have owned it)
-1994-1997 OBDII ECU Conversion (makes it very easy to turbo the car with an upgraded ECU, NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS, RUNS PERFECT)
-New Thermostat, Engine Coolant Temp Sensor and recent Radiator flush
-Oil Change intervals every 2.5k miles, 10w-30
-New emissions solenoids and vacuum lines (all emissions controls are in perfect working order)
-NEW OEM Floor Mats and Trunk Mat, professionally cleaned carpet (literally has new car smell)
-New upper and lower O2 sensors (avg 32mpg highway, 28mpg around town)
-Newer NGK Laser Platinum plugs, newer dizzy cap and rotor (timing set to 15 degrees BTDC)
-Brakes were changed within the past year and a half (more than 75% of life left on all 4, calipers painted black)

Upgraded/Mods.
-Custom All Aluminum Radiator
-Cold Air Intake (I believe a hotshot CAI with AEM filter)
-Lower cross member solid poly mounts.
-KYB GR2 Struts and Eibach Sport Springs (modified bumpstops)
-Front and Rear upper strut tower bars
-Polished Stainless Dual Tip Muffler (installed and welded by me, very clean and solid, the car has a very mild sound, it does not sound like a loud fart can, see video)
-Short throw shifter with Momo shift knob.
-Sony Headunit, Polk Speakers, powered by Alpine 4 channel amp, all aftermarket monster cable/scosche wiring, neatly ran all wires through door tracks, removed bose rear deck amp, Alpine amp mounted in stock bose amp location (very clean) everything soldered and installed to the highest level by myself.
-Custom Electric Dark Blue LED Dash, very clean and modern looking.
-Fog light rewire mod, new fog and headlamp lenses (8000k headlights, 6000k fogs, excellent blend of light for night driving)
-Ford Taurus Cup Holder/Coin Mod

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take the car off my hands before 9/28/2013, and I will let the car go for $5,000. Trust me, you won't find a P11 for sale cleaner than this one. This car will easily make a cross country trip if needed.

Offer only applies to g20.net members.

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks response sent, and for anyone else interested in the quirks of this 15 year old car, my response will be the same.

"There are chips on the front of the hood, so it has very light surface rust near the grille. The AC compressor is starting to whine, so it has been bypassed with a shorter belt (don't need AC in the fall in Chicago), but the AC does work. The "rust that you see underneath the car is so minimal, I took pictures to show the potential buyer that it isn't perfect, but it is about the best you're going to find on a P11. The front shocks are starting to get a bit bouncy in my opinion, but I am very picky. The car is very tight on the Eibach springs. Some valvetrain noise, listen to the youtube video when I rev the car, pretty quiet for a 100k mile engine, and I would guess the motor has a long life ahead of it. Anyone who hates changing clutches, this one was changed 15k miles ago with an exedy stage 2 clutch, a bit tight for daily driving, but gives you the grip you need if you decide to build for more power."

That's really everything I can think of that bothers me with this car. Otherwise it is very clean, no mechanic's special here, no weird surprises, and you aren't getting a dealership botch "flip" job that will run into problems as soon as you drive it off the lot. Drive away and enjoy it.

If you can help take the car off my hands this week, I will work on getting you a deal we can both be happy with.

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've agreed to some stupid low prices so far, if the car that I want to buy gets picked up before I can buy it, I'm going to hold firm to a $5,500 bottom line which includes a ton of parts I have laying around, everything. Whoever gets it first with the agreed prices I have sent before Wednesday takes it.

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$4000 this week takes it. Drove the car tonight about 150 miles round trip. Still has a little noise coming from the valve train but ran like a champ. This car should easily make it cross country if needed.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Good luck sir. I think you've finally come down to a very reasonable asking price. Someone would be stupid not to make moves this week.

Very curious as to what you've got your eye on. It better not be a jeep ;)

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow, i'm looking for a p11... I would buy immediately if it wasn't manual lol.
There is a guy 3.5 hours away, selling a real nice 2000 auto. Modified very similar to mine.

http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?130058-Wts-2000-infiniti-g20-auto

Let me know if you have a change of heart with the manual, this is a touring model, so you get all of the benefits of LSD, clutch is a bit heavier over stock, it has an exedy stage 2. You're one of the first guys I've seen that actually wants an automatic over a manual :) Good luck.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Wow, i'm looking for a p11... I would buy immediately if it wasn't manual lol.
Dude, srlsy? Manual P11's are becoming rarer than unicorns. I searched for 7 months to find a manual G20 in this kind of shape. Have you driven an auto P11? No offence to people who oen them, but those transmissions are the worst!

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
put it on CL it might sell faster there..
Thanks it is also up on Chicago craigslist. Getting some offers locally, might have someone coming to see the car today.

Good luck sir. I think you've finally come down to a very reasonable asking price. Someone would be stupid not to make moves this week.

Very curious as to what you've got your eye on. It better not be a jeep ;)
My wife will be getting a 2014 Jeep real soon, but not me. I've got my eyes on a 2014 Acura, or 2014 Evo. The gas millage on the Evo's are stupid low, and the family will need a sedan with great mpg. Hard to find on cars these days, wish they still made G20's!

·
Registered
13,217 Posts
Have you driven an auto P11? No offence to people who oen them, but those transmissions are the worst!
Lots of people these days don't drive manual and Chicago traffic is horrid (thankfully I don't live in the city any more but when i do go there, the clutching wears me out more than on a freakin track roadracing!)

...but your comment about them being horrible.. 99s aren't so bad and my friend has 236k miles on his going strong and just passed Illinois emissions test too (then again, that p11 is from Phoenix originally so it isn't rust rotted either)...

Speaking of automatic P11s, I think Steve (currently in Addison, IL) was going to be selling his white p11 once he finally fixes his wife's p10 ( both automatic from Phoenix because she can't drive stick)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.