Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
***SOLD***I purchased this from a forum member before I found a set of S3's. It has less than 100 miles use, but I can't tell its ever been used before...perfect condition highport intake cam.

$50 shipped. PM or post if you're interested. I have pic's I can email.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, 93.5 would be when it changed, early 93's were still highports. Either way this one is a 91-92.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm pretty sure the 93.5 was also a highport, but I think that the Sentra SE-R's changed to the low-port head in 93, and you always see people referring to the 91-92 intake cam because of that. The G20's didn't change the same year even though they have the same motor. So a 93 G20 cam is the same as the 91-92 SE-R intake cam (i.e. highport motor). I hope that clears it up.

·
Registered
13,188 Posts
Ah.. okay ...I think its because the 93 g20 was split and some had lowport motor and some had highport motor...

I had the 93.5 that looks identical to my 95 ;)

...I just see such a wierd mismatch in 93 and 93.5 g20s

but anyway, my apologies for hijacking your thread with my questions.. gluck with your sale

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No worries...no one's responded yet, but I should probably post it in the other forums, because they tend to get snatched up pretty quick and this one's basically perfect.

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
I beleave all the 93's and 93.5's were had high port engines. I know the 93.5 ecu as different than all but was never quite sure if the cam changed

·
Registered
13,188 Posts
I beleave all the 93's and 93.5's were had high port engines. I know the 93.5 ecu as different than all but was never quite sure if the cam changed

not true... I've seen both.. and like I said, my former 93.5 was the same exact engine as my 95 g20 OEM from the factory..

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
do you hav pick? hav never seen a p3.5with a low prodt engine if you have ine out up production date and vin #. but i have not seen one 93 or 93.5 that was not hig port are it was built in 93 and sold ad a 94. if i am wrong i want to know please post picks of this cars prodate and vin #. if one can not find that thqn you should say so cuase never have i seen are have ever been put on g20.net a 93.5 seen sold that way with a low port

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Please excuse me, this is a for sale thread for a 91-92 highport intake cam...it was never even in my 93 in case anyone is confused.

That said, I think this may clear it up. I have the factory service manual with the supplemental manual covering all of the changes for the 93.5 update. In the supplement, it clearly shows a high port motor, and it covers the fact that the valve lift and timing were changed (for Automatic 93.5 models only) as well as wiring, ecu, seat belts, and a few other minor things. This should make it pretty clear that the 91-92 intake cam for the "SR20DE" which is a highport, is the same intake cam used in the highport early 93 models.

Regardless, the one I have is the 91-92 SR20DE intake cam so many people want. I bought it from Mean_Green_G20, and then wound up doing the same thing he did and picked up S3's before I ever installed it - so i haven't even used it. It is in practically brand new condition, with no signs of wear...so if you want a cam upgrade, contact me. I think this horse has been beaten to death in many previous threads anyway, but education and review never hurt - this just isn't the best place for it.

·
Registered
13,188 Posts
That's fine but I personally owned a LOWPORT 93.5 automatic (Yes, it was the original engine to the car) and have seen others and I'm sorry again to go off topic BUT YES, I know your cam is the correct one... sorry.. just that the FACTORY MANUAL is incorrect (not the first time). I've seen plenty of other LOWPORT 93.5 g20s btw.. its a wierd bastard year is all...

This is why I ONLY trust 91 or 92 CAMS (which you have) because the 93/93.5 bastard year thing...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chris, I think you just confirmed what I said. You had an AUTOMATIC Lowport...the manual says the valve lift/timing changes only applied only to the AUTOMATIC 93.5 models.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts