Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I'm new here and am not familiar with how forums work so forgive me if I do this wrong or ask stupid questions. For instance, what does "bump" mean? Anyways, on to the more important issue at hand... I'm looking to sell my '96 G20 with auto tranny, leather, moonroof, all power. It runs okay and everything works, but it's got high miles (222k) and could probably use a tune-up. It has an oil leak.. not really sure from where, but I was adding 1/2 quart every couple of weeks or so. I also have a leak from the power steering hose... was quoted $85.00 to replace, but I found it cheaper to to just add 50 cents worth of PS fluid every couple of weeks. A/C blows cold but also have a small leak in the system too... had to charge freon twice last year. Yokohama tires with less than 5k miles on them... Wings West factory style aftermarket spoiler. Normal minor dents and dings, no rust. It could also use a good carpet cleaning, and some touch-up paint, but overall I think it's in decent condition considering its age and mileage. No mods. Asking $1,400.00

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
docG20 said:
nice, but the miles is high. engine OK?
Well, it starts up easily, idles smoothly, and runs relatively well. However, it feels a little sluggish and doesn't seem to have the pep it use to anymore. My gas mileage has also dropped. I used to get 300 miles a tankful (12 gallon refills) city, but lately it's been down to about 260-270 miles. The exhaust smells like I'm running a little rich. I don't know much about repairing or tuning cars myself, so I don't know if it just needs a tune-up or if it's something more. I had thought about getting into tuning and modding it, but just don't have the time or money right now. I could probably just as easily sell it in the paper or Autotrader but I'd rather see it go to someone who'd appreciate it enough to keep the condition up and possibly even mod it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not much interest in my car, huh? Too many miles? Too much $? Auto transmission?

Bump for 1 last week here before it goes to the GreenSheet.

·
Registered
161 Posts
is there any maintinance that needs to be done on it?
any pics of the engine?
is it roadworthy to drive on long trips, ie:600 miles...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nismo_sean said:
is there any maintinance that needs to be done on it?
any pics of the engine?
is it roadworthy to drive on long trips, ie:600 miles...

The front brakes may need to be changed soon.. was actually thinking of doing that this weekend. I think she's pretty roadworthy... she was my daily driver up until 5 months ago when I bought a new car. Now I only drive her to the gym and grocery store. I do a lot of local travel so there were days I was putting 100+ miles on her and never had a breakdown. I also drove her to Austin a few times last year (160 miles each way) with no problems or worries. I couldn't tell you about a 600 mile trip 'cause I've never taken one that long. Also, in the last year to year and a half, I've replaced the starter, alternator, radiator, fans, cv axles, lower control arms, and motor mounts.

Hey, if you're interested PM or email me, and I'll give you more specific details.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts