Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not want to ship it, I just want it picked up.

The transmission does work, though I think the torque convertor is wearing out. It has about 200k on it, of which I put ~45k on it and ran a trans cooler as well.

I converted my car to manual, so I mostly want to pass this on to someone that wants it, otherwise it goes to the yard. I might throw in the halfshafts, but I am undecided.

Thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sounds like it had a good run at about 200k miles. Interested in your conversion - did you go 5 speed or 6 speed?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up going 6spd, but if I could do it all over, I would have waited for a nice 5spd G. I had a 2000 Sentra SE with LSD 5spd and it was great; the 6sp is a lot of work, money, and hassle for not much gain on a daily driver.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Interesting...thanks for replying. The 5-speeds (from what I've read, never experienced either) are weaker gearboxes than the 6-speeds from the Spec V. I also read that 6th gear is more comfortable than 5th gear on long drives. Those 2 reasons were kind of why I was leaning towards 6 speed for my '99 P11 if the auto ever died on me..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The B15 5sp would be great for a light turbo build (sub 300whp). The only thing I didnt like was I would rev around 3.5-3.7k at 80mph on the highway; the 6spd revs at about ~3.0-3.1k in 6th gear, at 80mph.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I apologize for hijacking your thread (hopefully someone picks up the old transmission from you), but do you know if the B15 SE 5-speed is different (less prone to 5-speed popout?) than the P11 5-speed?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts