Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS: Delrin Upper Shock Mount Bushings

These Delrin upper shock mount bushings are designed to offer greater feed back by eliminating the deflection in OEM rubber bushings and maintain the stroke center of the shock rod by positively keeping it center and from banging off the metal walls of the upper shock mount which will lead to damage or worse a broken strut shaft requireing replacement or your strut.

These Delrin shock mount bushing will also elimate some body roll and you will feel as if you slightly increased your spring rates, the stock oem rubber bushings are nasty and very soft and offer as much as 1/2" of squish before the shock rod damper can even come into play. With these Delrin shock mount bushings your dampers with have no choice but to move in unison with the springs providing instant feedback and dampening vs the stock soft rubber bushings.

http://www.g20.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1477211&postcount=15

Price $135

Quantity: 8 pieces replaces all upper shock mount oem soft rubber bushings

Picture

1) Lower/Bottom side shock bushing

2) Shock mount top hat

3) Upper/Top side shock bushing

4) All put back together

This shows my stock bushings which are worn out and cracked

This pictures shows you how possible it is for the strut shaft to bang into the steel walls of the upper strut mount causing premature wear and or a broken rod shaft.

Here you can see the bushing on the right side showing wear and allowing the strut shaft to hit against the strut mount on top

This is the solution to the problem on the left made from Delrin which will provide a positive reinforcement and lock on keeping the strut rod positively center at all time not allowing the bushing to bang off the steel walls of the upper strut mount.

***I know its been sorta popular to use ES bushing that were made for the end links in this posistion but it does not have the correct size lip/recess to fit into the upper strut mount which centers and protects the strut rid from hitting the steel walls of teh upper strut mount which can lead to damage of your strut requiring replacement so I would advice against using those bushings for this particular application***.

·
Registered
217 Posts
i could be interested in these. so these just fit right in where the factory was with no mods? i've been looking for some of these for a while, but all the ones i see don't have the "nipple" that the stock ones have. have you used these before?

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i could be interested in these. so these just fit right in where the factory was with no mods? i've been looking for some of these for a while, but all the ones i see don't have the "nipple" that the stock ones have. have you used these before?
Yes they just swap out in place of the stockers with no modifications needed. Yes I use these on my own daily driver. Let me know if you want a set.

·
Registered
217 Posts
yea, i def want a set. what paypal address?do you send usps or ups? i would prefer ups, usps seems to always f-up deliveries to my office. also, would you mind delivering to a different address than my paypal? i like things delivered to my office instead of my house.

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, i def want a set. what paypal address?do you send usps or ups? i would prefer ups, usps seems to always f-up deliveries to my office. also, would you mind delivering to a different address than my paypal? i like things delivered to my office instead of my house.
I prefer USPS because I use them all the time only had one problem with them supposidly but i'll ship via UPS lemme get a price quote for you, whats your address, pm it to me.

·
Im a organ donor.
4,843 Posts
***I know its been sorta popular to use ES bushing that were made for the end links in this posistion but it does not have the correct size lip/recess to fit into the upper strut mount which centers and protects the strut rid from hitting the steel walls of teh upper strut mount which can lead to damage of your strut requiring replacement so I would advice against using those bushings for this particular application***.

haha it just hard to admit your only gonna use 4 of the 8 and the other 4 will just sit there...forever.

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha it just hard to admit your only gonna use 4 of the 8 and the other 4 will just sit there...forever.
True, and you know what else, even the endlink bushing from ES don't fit like they should on the P11, the lip isn't the correct diameter neither, I be making some of those to and try them out my P11.

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so you could install these without taking out the strut. u just take off the nut and take out the old one and put the new ones on and thats its. the strut rod wont kill anyone?
Yes the install should only take 15 minutes or less, with the vehicle under its own weight just loosen the strut rod nut and remove the old bushing and replace with delrin bushing.

If you have trouble locating the bushing lip into the upper strut mount hole, raise the vehicle a little bit from the cross member to take some load off the suspension but not to much so that you can grab the strut rod and move it to center while installing the delrin bushing then lower vehicle and finish tightening. Its really simple actually and no the strut rod isn't going to kill anyone if you do it like I explained.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just finished the install of these. Took roughly 15-20mins to get them done.

I have a P10 with Bilstein shocks and these bushings fit them without a problem. The only thing I had to do was use a screwdriver to clean out some of the old bushing that broke off from the bushing so the new delrin bushing will fit in smoothly.

They look great and I'll report again after a quick drive (need to finish installing new upper control arms).

Images Below:

Stock bushing

Delrin Bushing on shock shaft

Delrin bushing installed!

Old bushing showing pieces missing I used a screwdriver to dig out the rubber that was stuck next to the shock shaft.

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
I want a pair too, UPS-shipped to Miami, plse. What is your Paypaladdy ? I run Koni Yellow/Sports with Intrax lowered springs.

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
I'm just typing too fast (again...).

I'm quite OK with USPS. I got your PM ('s) and will pay in the course of the afternoon.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts