Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
where the fuck are my parts bitch? lol. jk. can't wait. take your time. may 10th.
Where's the rest my money hoe! haha

There ready to go but you don't wanna get distracted from your studys I guess because you have no discipline haha

·
Registered
918 Posts
u'r right i don't it's why i am online posting. damn. but i will send money the week it is being shipped. out. don't worry :p

·
Rare Wheels Save Lives
1,085 Posts
Review:

I received these parts from Charlie very quickly and the install was done. My first impression of these was, wow the ride is gonna suck. I was wrong.

These bushings are well made and fit thumb in ear tight into the EPS/DMS top hats without any issues. What I love about these is that there is a sense of where the shaft of the shock goes into the top hats. The rubber bushings you buy out of the box do not have a sense of guide of where the shaft moves to after its installed, its basically a free for all and the bushings wear pretty fast.

Below is a picture case in point. This is what a rubber bushing does if its not tended to after thousands upon thousands of miles of driving. The rubber bushing fails and it can cause the shaft of the shock to eat your EPS/DMS top mounts like so by having a wild shaft rubbing everywhere.

I have faith in Derilin, so instead of replacing the top hats, the Derilin bushings guide fits into the hole without issue and will be used as so. The second part of the Derilin bushing mounts on top stabilizing the shaft completely.

After compressing the spring and installing the Derilin, I was quite impressed immediately since now the top bolt has a means of where to stop with the derilin vs the rubber bushings which would just compress as far as you can turn the bolt and wear faster over time.

This is what 3 week old KYB Bushings look like after 2k miles of driving.

With that said. After the install, I was very happy as all noise would be eliminated. These bushings are highly recommended to anyone that has a strut/spring combo as these will be a long term investment. I have a few weeks on these already. No signs of fatigue at all.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yes the install should only take 15 minutes or less, with the vehicle under its own weight just loosen the strut rod nut and remove the old bushing and replace with delrin bushing.

If you have trouble locating the bushing lip into the upper strut mount hole, raise the vehicle a little bit from the cross member to take some load off the suspension but not to much so that you can grab the strut rod and move it to center while installing the delrin bushing then lower vehicle and finish tightening. Its really simple actually and no the strut rod isn't going to kill anyone if you do it like I explained.
From the looks for pictures. Will i need to remove the strut assembly from the car to install the lower strut bushing?

·
Premium Member
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
From the looks for pictures. Will i need to remove the strut assembly from the car to install the lower strut bushing?
Yes you will.

p.s. thats a quote from when I was only selling the top upper shock bushings now it comes with both upper and lower shock bushings so the it takes more time to install because you must remove the shocks to do the install.

·
Registered
409 Posts
81 - 100 of 103 Posts