Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to post this amp on eBay but I thought I'd give my new G20 buddies a shot at this first.

I've got a like new looking Orion XTR275 amp that is inop. I have not obtained the schematics for it nor currently have time to repair it myself (I'm a 20 year experience electronic tech). Nothing is BLOWN/FRIED looking, so it should be a minor repair. I have gotten a couple quotes online for around $75 to repair it. It was orginally a $400 amp. I figure used value than, when working, to be about $200 - $250. Subtract the repair cost, $125-$175 current value. Anyone on G20.net want it for $125? I will consider G20 parts trades (95 G20t). I currently need / want a good muffler and tip ( < 3"). CAI? HS header?

For your money piece of mind, check out my feedback on eBay under user name "airforcepmel". Prepay $125 plus $10 shipping to [email protected] via PayPal and I will ship same/next day.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
$100 WITH shipping

Need the sell, $100 with shipping. Any takers?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
I Think it has too many unknowns for people to take risk. You should post the watts per channel and all that stuff and mabye a picture. I am sure you would get more interest that way since it does not work nowand has $75 repair cost too.

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More info...

I'll post some pics on my website at geocities.

I guess I assumed since ORION is a big name in high end audio, many people would be familar with this model. Here's the specs:

75 watts x 2, min. impedance: 2 Ohms, Fuse: 35 AMP, Signal to noise ratio: 100db, THD (total Harmonic distortion): .02%, Freq. response: 6Hz to 30kHz +/-.5dB, Size: 12"x8.5"x2.25"

As you can see, it is a VERY clean amplifier. Most cheap amps give their rated power at 1%, or even 10%, THD. P10 owners: Since it is 2 Ohm capable, I assume you could wire it to your rear speakers for some extra power and bass. Now that I think of it, maybe I'll go ahead and fix it and give it a try. After I show how it works, I can let everyone know and sell it as a working, P10 rear amp. Even if you need new speakers (4 Ohm), this amp should have plenty of power to drive the higher impedance, unlike the factory clarion amps. I separate power capable would probably be required to handle the 35 amp rating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts