Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS: P11 (00+) JWT Pop-Charger w/ attaching hardware - SOLD

SOLD

Had this on my 2001 G20t for about a year. Freshly cleaned and includes all mounting hardware (bracket, bolts, velocity stack) plus install instructions. I'll even throw in a K&N cleaning kit.

Fits any RR P11 2000+

Ignore the o-ring pictured, it belongs to the maf housing not the pop-charger.

·
Dude, your bed is a car..
4,567 Posts
what about making it fit a 99???
me might be interested :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
what about making it fit a 99???
me might be interested :)
I'm not 100% sure but I believe the bolt hole pattern on the '99 maf housing is different than the '00+ - so I'm not sure if it would line up with the holes on the velocity stack.

Anyone else have any experience with this?

*edit* JWT makes two Pop-Chargers for the G20 - one for '91-'99 and one for '00+ so no it will not be a direct fit - if you're asking whether or not it can be modified to fit maybe someone else can answer.

·
Registered
165 Posts
i noticed your other thread...would i run into CARB legal problems in california with this?

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
If in doubt: just reinstall your oem airbox for the smogcheck, it's 15 min. work. This is a beautiful and functional item. You will notice a definite improvement.
BUMP

·
Registered
165 Posts
Warm air intake - (WAI): The most popular setup for G20’s is the Jim Wolf Technology Pop Charger. This solution provides a velocity stack that bolts to the MAF housing that provides a smooth entry for incoming air. The filter element bolts to the outside of the velocity stack and sits in the engine bay behind the battery. This setup is CARB certified. There are also many low cost WAI setups available right now that are comprised of a MAF adapter and generic cone filter. You can expect about 1-3hp with any of these setups. The main difference here is noise; these will make the engine noticeably louder under acceleration.

CARB legal :teeth:?

·
⚓All Haters Are Bastards⚓
2,722 Posts
I'm not 100% sure but I believe the bolt hole pattern on the '99 maf housing is different than the '00+ - so I'm not sure if it would line up with the holes on the velocity stack.

Anyone else have any experience with this?

*edit* JWT makes two Pop-Chargers for the G20 - one for '91-'99 and one for '00+ so no it will not be a direct fit - if you're asking whether or not it can be modified to fit maybe someone else can answer.
i recently installed a JWT short ram and the adapter bolts did not align with the MA sensor. only two bolts are holding it right now. the top left and bottom right. if anything you can use zip ties on the missing bolt areas and thetll 'kinda' help it hold better than just 2 bolts. no gaps inbetween and no problems so far. i just check the tightness of the bolts every now and then.

·
⚓All Haters Are Bastards⚓
2,722 Posts
Warm air intake - (WAI): The most popular setup for G20’s is the Jim Wolf Technology Pop Charger. This solution provides a velocity stack that bolts to the MAF housing that provides a smooth entry for incoming air. The filter element bolts to the outside of the velocity stack and sits in the engine bay behind the battery. This setup is CARB certified. There are also many low cost WAI setups available right now that are comprised of a MAF adapter and generic cone filter. You can expect about 1-3hp with any of these setups. The main difference here is noise; these will make the engine noticeably louder under acceleration.

CARB legal :teeth:?

its sound difference keeps me smiling. it sounds like a wrx now. lol. sadly..it doesnt perform like one.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
if its around next week ill pick it up.. i have a place racing CAI and a MAF adapter lying around and since its raining every now and then and the CAI makes this loud scratching noise whenever I give it gas because of it rubbing against the metal (yeah i didnt put any rubber around it.. im lame) and is the HP difference between a CAI and WAI that different in our cars anyways?

the only thing im worried about is if ill be able to put this sensor anywhere in that pop charger...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AFAIK none of the JWT's have provisions for the AIT sensor - although it's not really necessary. I had mine zip tied near the wheel well hole your CAI is currently in. Temp readings are the same.

BUMP

if its around next week ill pick it up.. i have a place racing CAI and a MAF adapter lying around and since its raining every now and then and the CAI makes this loud scratching noise whenever I give it gas because of it rubbing against the metal (yeah i didnt put any rubber around it.. im lame) and is the HP difference between a CAI and WAI that different in our cars anyways?

the only thing im worried about is if ill be able to put this sensor anywhere in that pop charger...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts