Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 431 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Some reviews:

Just received mine today and installed them. This is exactly what I've been in need of. There is no extra vibrations after installing these. Something like this should have been present from the factory. Super smooth shifts from now on!

Thanks again Charlie.
Awesome product! I got my cross member bushings and installed them this weekend. I am extremely happy with the results! The OEM bushings were so worn out that I am now experiencing less rattles and vibrations, even with solid motor mounts. Shifting is 10 times smoother and I do not have to work the shifter to get it into gear anymore. It just shifts so nice now!

This improvement is on top of already having installed FI-R shifter bushings. The combination of shifter and cross member bushing upgrades have made my car shift like it should have from the factory - Smooth and precise! Keep up the good work Charlie!
I have received them very fast from Charlie. My initial take on them is that the aluminum pieces were well cut and nicely done to spec.

Upon installing them, they fit like a glove and perfectly.

Prior to installing them my shifting was very notchy. ( had to do with the cross member bushings, and shift linkage stabilizer bushing ). Upon installing Charlie's bushings alone and going for the drive, I say the stability of the motor/shifting had improved greatly over the OEM ones.

Love them Charlie.
Just received mine today and installed them. This is exactly what I've been in need of. There is no extra vibrations after installing these. Something like this should have been present from the factory. Super smooth shifts from now on!

Thanks again Charlie.

I got my cross member bushings and installed them this weekend. I am extremely happy with the results! The OEM bushings were so worn out that I am now experiencing less rattles and vibrations, even with solid motor mounts. Shifting is 10 times smoother and I do not have to work the shifter to get it into gear anymore. It just shifts so nice now!

This improvement is on top of already having installed FI-R shifter bushings. The combination of shifter and cross member bushing upgrades have made my car shift like it should have from the factory - Smooth and precise! Keep up the good work Charlie!

Got mine in on sunday, my oem bushings were dry rotted, so these were a nice improvement, the annoying noise (slight clunking) it made on gas less clutch let outs (like @ stop n go traffic) is gone. wheel spin feels smoother too (helped the very slight wheel hop i had left)

all in all its a great product, Thanks Charlie

Charlie, do you have any more of these? My buddy drove my 02 spec and wants a set of your bushings for his 06 Spec. Can you pls pm me the Shipped total to 85204 so I can show him.

Thanks.
so far all i did is put the bushings in and leave my wheel hop aid in, which is bigger and its great, i am going to put your washers in tomorrow and see if it works out any better, but so far the bolts didnt loosen up at all and it is great shifter feel is incredible, and i love it

I installed these a week ago and it really make the crossmember fells tighter, almost all if not all movement of the crossmember is gone.

Details:
To help aide in eliminating wheelhop. You will also noticed a marked improvement in shifter feel as your engine will no longer rock back and forth during up and down shifts. A slight increase in vibration but nothing bad at all in my opinion. Launching and shifting feel so much better and controled and percise. Also clunks and bangs from going over pothole and railroad tracks will be reduced do to the crossmember not being able to bounce around. One of the best mods I have done to my car persoanlly.

There is simply no comparison to these vs stock ones, these will eliminate all slop from front to rear from shifting accelerating and braking and side to side from cornering.

New price 4/22/17
$79.99 plus s&h

Pictures of these on a B13/B14 which for all intended purposes serves the same exact function:

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
seriously bro, im digging your work, so please take this as constructive criticism...

In this case the delrin is completely pointless, just make it a solid aluminum mount.

Lets also be clear, this isn't going to do anything for you if your motor mounts are shot.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
seriously bro, im digging your work, so please take this as constructive criticism...

In this case the delrin is completely pointless, just make it a solid aluminum mount.

Lets also be clear, this isn't going to do anything for you if your motor mounts are shot.
I've ran full Delrin and the Delrin holds up just fine so even if I made them in full delrin i'd have no worries about them. I also ran with full aluminum to and trust me it does transfer more vibration into the cabin vs aluminum bottom delrin top and this is the reason they are being made like such. So I wouldn't say pointless because there is a difference and I know that difference because I experienced it first hand. But no critiscism taken, there is a reason I made them this way.

You are right though (without saying) about they wont make a damn of difference if your rolling around on busted engine and transmission mounts, but that holds true for all other bushings in your car, and the opposite is just as true for having solid engine mounts but busted crossmember mounts.

So lets be clear there is no one magic part to fix all things sloppy and loose when it comes to tightening up your cars suspension, engine, subframes etc etc

But i'd say of all the parts I've made for my P11 its pretty much damn near there, I'd say all I got left to do is subframe bushings.

Once you start tightening up suspension and mounting components your weakkest links always show there weakness and its up to you to upgrade replace those components until everything is done.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
So I wouldn't say pointless because there is a difference and I know that difference because I experienced it first hand..
Good to hear you tried the different mounts out.

One other question, are you going to stock replacements for your other delrin parts, because they will fail over time. Namely the lower LCA bushing?

shouldnt this work for the p10 too?
Yes, they are the same bushing.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Good to hear you tried the different mounts out.

One other question, are you going to stock replacements for your other delrin parts, because they will fail over time. Namely the lower LCA bushing?

Yes, they are the same bushing.
You have already asked that question and I answered it and here is teh answer below again:

http://www.g20.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1456535&postcount=32

whats your replacement policy if the delrin fails?
By the way they have been good to me already for over a year now on my daily driver.

If they fail they buyer can ship me the LCA Aluminum housing with delrin bushing back to me and for $40 + shipping I can make a new bushing and press it back in.

The delrin is press fitted into the aluminum housing, its not meant to rotate in the aluminum housing, the LCA is meant to rotate in the Delrin bushings. This is a reason its important to follow the directions I been laying out here about the sanding of the LCA with id say 600 grit would be fine until you achieve a nice snug fit, but in no way should it ever be a press fit of the LCA into these housings, keep sanding and checking periodically until you get a nice snug fit. Delrin is way stiffer than polyurethane so each bushing is made slightly undersize so as not to be a loose fit and to take into account slight tolerance differences form vehicle to vehicle.

I been using my daily P11 with these bushings for about 10 months now with no issues as of yet and I dont expect to have any but i'll be checking them out in a few days here when I install some UCA's.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rmyc I'll get back to you and let you know if my crossmember bushings will work for you on your P10 because im the one ultimately responsible for there fitment and until I personally know for sure they will work on a P10 I can't give you a 100% sure answer.

Last time I checked the P10 vs P11 crossmember bolts had different part numbers thats why it has to be checked out and i'll get back to you after I take measurements.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Should be fine, P11 xmembers bolt up to P10s just fine and is considered an upgrade.
I understand that, but unlike oem soft rubber there isn't room for error when using aluminum and delrin together it just has to be right on to within a couple thousandths.

My concern is the bolt, theres a little more to it than meets the eye.

1 - 20 of 431 Posts