Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

401 - 420 of 431 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Installed the subframe bushings almost immediately when I got them, after I welded in a new front lower radiator core support, and also installed poly cross member motor mount bushings, I put the derlin cross member bushings in. This combination and setup completely changes the car, most notably, standard stops and launches are much more predictable and helps the car to achieve consistent engagement. Vibration has gone up pretty drastically, I would say I am somewhere in-between stock, and full solid race setup.

Thanks Charlie.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #405
Installed the subframe bushings almost immediately when I got them, after I welded in a new front lower radiator core support, and also installed poly cross member motor mount bushings, I put the derlin cross member bushings in. This combination and setup completely changes the car, most notably, standard stops and launches are much more predictable and helps the car to achieve consistent engagement. Vibration has gone up pretty drastically, I would say I am somewhere in-between stock, and full solid race setup.

Thanks Charlie.
Thanks Tony!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the parts Charlie. I finally got the work done. I also replaced the 3 engine mounts. I would have done the transmission mount too but they're expensive and difficult to get for a 1999 5-speed.

The crossmember bushing and new mounts appear to have helped. I've only driven a few miles on them. I crossed the nearby railroad tracks that usually gave me some bad drivetrain shock. That's gone now. :) Another good test will be spinning the tires a little in the rain. In the past when the tires would spin as let off the throttle I'd get some drivetrain shock then, sometimes horribly.

Any difference in NVH is difficult for me to recognize. I need to drive the car more. The only difference, which could be only in my mind, is that I think there's a little more vibration as the engine decelerates between 1200-750rpms.

Other than getting old, the only real difficulty I had changing these was getting the rear crossmember bolts to start threading.

Once again, thanks Charlie.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #412
Thanks for the parts Charlie. I finally got the work done. I also replaced the 3 engine mounts. I would have done the transmission mount too but they're expensive and difficult to get for a 1999 5-speed.

The crossmember bushing and new mounts appear to have helped. I've only driven a few miles on them. I crossed the nearby railroad tracks that usually gave me some bad drivetrain shock. That's gone now. :) Another good test will be spinning the tires a little in the rain. In the past when the tires would spin as let off the throttle I'd get some drivetrain shock then, sometimes horribly.

Any difference in NVH is difficult for me to recognize. I need to drive the car more. The only difference, which could be only in my mind, is that I think there's a little more vibration as the engine decelerates between 1200-750rpms.

Other than getting old, the only real difficulty I had changing these was getting the rear crossmember bolts to start threading.

Once again, thanks Charlie.
Thank you brotha!

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #413
Thank you guys!

Noah Vaughan
Jeffrey Silcott
Dan Clark
Adan Amaya
Braydon Wig
Tyler Tolbert
Devaraj Govender
Mickey Kendrick
Eric Gualdoni
Jason McConnell
Martin Gonzalez
Jon M Howie

·
Registered
782 Posts
I tried to PM you. I found my old P10 cross member set. I am missing two delrin pieces. I have a PM between us from a while ago. I cannot reply as your inbox is full. I bought another P10 and would like to install these. Can you please send me two delrin pieces? PM me for my address, please?

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #420
I tried to PM you. I found my old P10 cross member set. I am missing two delrin pieces. I have a PM between us from a while ago. I cannot reply as your inbox is full. I bought another P10 and would like to install these. Can you please send me two delrin pieces? PM me for my address, please?
Sure no problem i'll pm you

401 - 420 of 431 Posts