Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Hey Charlie! Can I put in an order for assembled LCAs as well?
Yes you can but im out of P11 cores and I have to update the core fee cost on the first page it is now $150 so hopefully you have OEM P11 cores for exchange but right now 8/10 cores in the JY seem to have the crappy aftermarket LCA's which are of no value to me cause I cannot use them for my builds, here is a photo below of a stripped down P11 OEM LCA

The "COLLAR" is the biggest indicator you have OEM P11 LCA's

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yes you can but im out of P11 cores and I have to update the core fee cost on the first page it is now $150 so hopefully you have OEM P11 cores for exchange but right now 8/10 cores in the JY seem to have the crappy aftermarket LCA's which are of no value to me cause I cannot use them for my builds, here is a photo below of a stripped down P11 OEM LCA

The "COLLAR" is the biggest indicator you have OEM P11 LCA's

Understood. I'm okay with paying the new core cost. I believe my P11 LCA's are original OEM. Want me to just ship them to you after completing the install? Let me know, thank you.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Understood. I'm okay with paying the new core cost. I believe my P11 LCA's are original OEM. Want me to just ship them to you after completing the install? Let me know, thank you.
I much prefer to receive OEM cores in exchange cause I really don't have time to go junk yard hunting but i'll see if I can go soon and find some good cores to build for you.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I much prefer to receive OEM cores in exchange cause I really don't have time to go junk yard hunting but i'll see if I can go soon and find some good cores to build for you.
OH I see - sorry for the confusion. As a backup, if you don't come across any, I'll switch to commuting in my G35 and will try to just leave the P11 on jackstands in the garage while I ship the LCAs down to you. Keep me posted, thanks again!

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
OH I see - sorry for the confusion. As a backup, if you don't come across any, I'll switch to commuting in my G35 and will try to just leave the P11 on jackstands in the garage while I ship the LCAs down to you. Keep me posted, thanks again!
Doesn't mean I wont take the core money cause I will I just prefer to get OEM in exchange its not mando just makes it easier but most people end up not having them anyways. If I cant find a set of cores by sunday i'll let you know and if you wanna do that ^ we can do that.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Doesn't mean I wont take the core money cause I will I just prefer to get OEM in exchange its not mando just makes it easier but most people end up not having them anyways. If I cant find a set of cores by sunday i'll let you know and if you wanna do that ^ we can do that.
Sounds good!

·
Registered
231 Posts
^ The LCAs look great! I'm planning on installing them this Friday. I'll be in touch regarding my original LCAs to see if they would be of use to you. Cheers!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Also, quick question. The manual (page SU 14) says during installation, final tightening must be carried out at curb weight with tires on ground.

Would you happen to have any tricks or techniques to properly torque the LCA bolts once installed? Also, does anything need to be torqued differently than stock with the Aluminum/Delrin bushings? Thanks again

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Also, quick question. The manual (page SU 14) says during installation, final tightening must be carried out at curb weight with tires on ground.

Would you happen to have any tricks or techniques to properly torque the LCA bolts once installed? Also, does anything need to be torqued differently than stock with the Aluminum/Delrin bushings? Thanks again
That only applies to OEM rubber bushings which work under "bind" on compression and rebound, my bushing experience no such condition they are free to rotate freely 360degree so you can disregard that but use the FSM torque specs.

·
Registered
231 Posts
That only applies to OEM rubber bushings which work under "bind" on compression and rebound, my bushing experience no such condition they are free to rotate freely 360degree so you can disregard that but use the FSM torque specs.

Oh that's awesome. Makes it so much easier on the install!

·
Registered
231 Posts
After installing on my 2000 G20t which had expired bushings in the LCAs, the vehicle seems to:

-Be slightly more responsive when steering, especially at higher rates of speed
-Bounce less when traveling quickly over a bumpy road
-Experience less body roll when turning at a higher rate of speed, such as coming on or off the freeway ramps

Overall feels more "solid" in the front-end

101 - 120 of 128 Posts