Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

Up forsale is my SR20VET. Engine has 1800 miles on, so only just run in pretty much!! Comes with ECU and loom.

more photos can be found here

Price is US$5000 plus shipping from New Zealand. If there are any questions please feel free to post.

Thanks

Tim

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
Ohhhhhh damn, VET FTW!!!!!!!! Man, I gotta come up with 5k quick. :p Did you post this on the SR20forum? I'm sure they'd be all over it.

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
what happened to the p10 t4 vet project?!? good luck on the sale.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll get a pick of the complete engine, but they all pretty much look the same.

Don't think Miko would be a buyer as he has too much on. But hey I wouldn't say no to him :D

Have posted up on sr20forums, no replies or PM's. It's the single deadest thread with the letters VET in it :lol:

As for my T4 project, I've just bought a house and can't really justify a race car too. I'm quite gutted because it's something I have wanted to do for a while and I have the bits I need, just have to put it all together. I was going to put it in my P11 in the short term till the rest of the car was ready for the engine, but now it's all up for grabs and I'll be selling the P11 too. I'm going to buy a really fast road car and be done with it :cool:

Tim

Edit: Haha just saw my signature, better think about changing that for a three letter Nissan soon.

·
Registered
313 Posts
:confused:

Are these things that rare that they warrent that sort of price...?

·
Registered
212 Posts
want to trade for 2 p10's a 36" television and my brother

·
Questioning Answers
6,853 Posts
now is this an actuall VET???? of the x-trail>> or is this a VE + T?? VET=extremly rare, VE+t=not so rare

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey guys,

Yes they are rare, you find one, and then try to find one in this condition :D It's a real VET, have a look at the other thread with the pics if you aren't sure.

And I was thinking about that swap... if you had said sister instead of brother I might have been interested...

Tim

·
Registered
206 Posts
My SR20VET had 2000 Km on it and I got it for $4000 shipped to Miami from Japan. I already have one, I have had it for anout 2 years sitting on an engine stand.

Not sure what shipping is but that motor would be $5500 shipped to the US which is alot to pay for almost any SR20 person.

Anyway like I said I have one and I dont need one.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
motor is prob worth more then most p10's and p11's now in usa even p11's are selling for like 4k now

another reminder of how the parts market has not adjusted for the worth of our cars its still 200 for a good intake for this car when really it should prob be 45 dollars lol

bump for a nice motor good luck!

·
Registered
472 Posts
yeah and another reason is that we can do our own ve+t with about 450 to 500 hp for 5000 but bump for the engine, somebody will buy it from you but it might take some time becuase of the price, but i do understand the rarity and i heard vet's are built internally strong and could be able to hold lots of boost. I wish everybody who has a x-trail over there would total it and then you guys can supply the engines more frequently at lower prices.

bump

·
Registered
90 Posts
Andreas Miko said:
My SR20VET had 2000 Km on it and I got it for $4000 shipped to Miami from Japan. I already have one, I have had it for anout 2 years sitting on an engine stand.

Not sure what shipping is but that motor would be $5500 shipped to the US which is alot to pay for almost any SR20 person.

Anyway like I said I have one and I dont need one.

In my opinion when comparing the photos of yours Andreas and this one, then this one looks like its in a much better condition.. possibly it could be the difference between them.. either way they are both good engines, and it deserves to go to someone who will respect what it is and actually make use of it and get at least one of us primera/g20 boys/gals with a genuine VET installed and running :naughty:

·
Registered
206 Posts
This is my SR20VET. It will be going in a 2002 G20 Sport either blue or silver.

I have a SR20VE 20V valve cover on it, the plain one did not look nice.

SR20VE 20V intake manifold with 70mm N1 TB. The stock VET manifold had a small plenum and 60mm TB. Intake manifold has been hand ported by me.

There is a GTBB37 turbo on there good for 400-450WHP. Turbo has been extrude honed and swain tech coated.

Nismo FPR

I will be using the CAS and coils.

Jet Hot Ceramic coated heat sheild

VE exhaust manifold, welded in in some spots, then hand ported by me, then extrude honed, then Swain tech coated and then flat black high temp paint on top to look stock.

Last pic is of 250 mm 350z clutch sitting on flywheel desined for this setup. Solid engine mounts done up by me for the G20 and 20V rear engine mount bracket.

Will be adding the 6 speed transmission to the pics in a few days as it is at my friends house.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts