Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got one? Is it any good? I've heard good thing, but I've also heard that they're a waste of money.

It's supposed to improve the fuel pick up rate, but surely you need an uprated fuel pump for that? If I don't then am I going to be running the mixture too rich?

Oh yeah, future project (about 10 months away).... 280hp.... GTiR engine swap the way to go? got 86k on the current one...

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
xenobait said:
Anybody got one? Is it any good? I've heard good thing, but I've also heard that they're a waste of money.

It's supposed to improve the fuel pick up rate, but surely you need an uprated fuel pump for that? If I don't then am I going to be running the mixture too rich?
Never heard of them? Got a link or any lit on them?

Oh yeah, future project (about 10 months away).... 280hp.... GTiR engine swap the way to go? got 86k on the current one...
Depends on what you're affter? :-\

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here ya go:
http://www.fuelsystem.co.uk/pbv.htm

and I'm basically after upseting a lot of people in beemers.

but yeah, is a DE+T still a sensible option compared to a GTiR engine swap when, by the time I'm ready, I'll be on about 95k on the current one.

Still by the time this comes around.... VE+T might not me unrealistic.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
OIC, its a boost referenced rising rate fuel pressure regulator? I just took a quick glance at the page. Umm, i'm not sure this is the best way to tune a DET, DE+T or otherwise. If you want big power get a JWT ECU with bigger injectors and new fuel rail. depending on the power you cant get a 3 or 4 bar fpr and you're all sorted.

If course if you don't want to go that route and use the fuel pressure riser and skip the injectors noone is going to stop you. Just that I'd recommend against it. Too easy to f'up.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm thinking we've got our wires crossed (that's what I get for asking two questions in the same post.) The turbo upgrade is a while off. I'll be sorting my brakes well before that. Thats was just a curiousity question.

The FSE kit doesn't have anything to do with boost pressure from a turbo. Power boost valve is just a name. What it's meant to do is allow a greater fuel pressure than a standard valve, but more importantly, because fuel pressure is reduced when at idle, it takes a while to pick up to full rate when accelerating. This gadget is supposed to increase the rate at which fuel pressure increases, basically meaning you can stuff more fuel in earlier.

According the site this is supposed to aid in acceleration, but I have heard that it makes no difference at all to some people.

So there you go. Don't worry about the turbo things.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Boost valve

Fse boost valves are a good cheap mod,as it replaces the standard fuel pressure regulator.But you would feel the benifit better if you have an induction kit and a free flow exhaust.I also suggest after the valve is fitted you get the car set up on a rolling road,check out rgs motorsport in wellingborough on 01933 441451 they can supply the valve and dyno test it at the same time.You should see an increase of about 12 bhp with a valve exhaust and filter,maybe more.:bandit:

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
boost valve

Aint got one on the gt yet,but had one on my renualt 19 16v a few years back,and it was pretty good and it also helped reduce the fuel consumption believe it or not.As for the gtir conversion try norris designs web site,they can do a 370 bhp engine swop for about £5000.Also try the nissan turbo owners club for helpfull hints on www.ntoc.co.uk and become a member like me.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Emailed ND, said "sorry we do not do anything for your car" so that was pretty dead end. I did point out that I was looking for a GTiR engine and they do stacks for that, but no response yet....

Thanks for the comments on the 19, trouble is, Nissan parts tend to be a helluva lot better than french ones, so upgrading a renault part to the FSE one may be great, but nissan might have a better one from the start. Guess I'm back where I started.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
boost valve

I will be trying a boost valve soon,so i will let you know.When i spoke to ND they said they could do a engine conversion for me no problem,so idont understand why yougot a negative response from them.When the car comes back from the body shop (mrs stacked it) i have a huge ram air filter of a cossie to fit to it, so it should sound good,then i will be getting the valve.This is my second primera.I used to have a p10 eGT which was running about 200 bhp, with loads of one parts and hks parts.(it was red) check out the ntoc site click on the jap car fest in 2000 click on pictures and its the only p10 there,if you fancy a look.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Will do.
Probably got the negative response cos I said I wouldn't be doing for about 10 months. Who want's to get bogged down in conversation about something that might happen nearly a year from now??? I'll talk to them again closer to the time.

·
Registered
132 Posts
FSE power boost valve ? Anyone ? Come on....

Hí there !

Well, I´m also quite interested in opinions/experiences and so on, and so forth,
regarding the FSE power boost valve. I drive a P11 2.0i SLX, and is considering
buying this FSE-thingy. But would really appreciate your 2 cents, before I part
with my hard earned (and very hard taxed :dead: , I´m from Denmark) money.
So, anyone, please share your knowledge. :shifty:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.