Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered factory brake pads on my P11, went to my infiniti dealership and they quoted me $190 for labor to change my brake pads. I don't want to pay that much so can someone who has the FSM email me the files plzz..thx.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I wan't to do it myself.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Its not that bad to do.

Jack up the road wheel and remove it. Make sure you support the car.

Look on the back side of the caliper and remove the two 17mm bolts.

Unclip the brake hose clip to free some movement, and flip the caliper over to reveal the underside.

Remove brake fluid filler cap.

Now gently pry out the old pads and use a G clamp to push the piston back into the caliper.

Now apply some copper grease to the back and the edge of the each new pad.

Now insert the bottom end of the pad into the caliper first, making sure the Y shape spring bridges over the gap in the caliper.

Apply some pressure to the top edge of the pad and slide it into the caliper. Then just repeat for the other side.

Now you have both pads in and youre ready to reinstall the caliper.

Just reverse the above process for refitting.

Remember to put the cap back on the fluid tank, and thats about it

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Your brakes are gonna squeal like a pig if the rotors aren't cut after installing new brake pads. Infiniti rotors are THE worst rotors ever made!! The reason they're gonna squeal is cause right now the rotors have a nice smooth finish that was matched with the old brake pads, putting new ones on there is most likely gonna glaze the new pad surface and cause a squeak. Most of the times that is what will happen, but you could get lucky...make sure to use that copper grease on the pad shims as this will reduce brake noise.

BTW...the dealer charges that much b/c cutting the rotors is included in that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well the instructions the one guy gave were way harder then it needs to be. All you have to do is remove the lower slide pin, flip the calliper up and pull the pads out. Push the pistons in with a C-clamp and put the pads back in and slide it on. It is a good idea to clean and regrease the slide pins with high temp grease (assuming they are full pins like the older cars).

They shouldn't squeal at all. If you didn't run the pads to the backing plates you should be fine with out cutting the rotors.

Lee

1 - 7 of 7 Posts