Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if a fuel system treatment was worth putting in my car... I'm referring to the stuff that you pour in your gas tank every now and then and it supposed to help clean your engine and give you better mileage... It is only like $2 a can so there's not much to lose.. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
i use them once in a while but i dont think it makes much of a diff unless i u run a older car that may have clog problems or etc in my opinion its one of those things that would make more of a difference in a high performance car or a old car but i still use it when i have extra $ to spend

casual

·
Registered
529 Posts
I recently put in Redline SI-1 Complete Fuel System Cleaner, $4.10/bottle.
This stuff works. This is recommended as regular fuel system cleaner by BMW. You put 1 bottle in for the first 20 gallons and then add 1 bottle every 100 gallons, according to the bottle's label.

I noticed that my car's tach would dip down when the car was cold, until it warmed up. Since I used this stuff, I have not had the problem anymore. From my perspective, it works.

Go to redlines website for more info on this product.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Just run good gas--I know several techs who reccomend Chevron with Techron---but cheap gas often does not have additives to keep injectors from gumming up and valves from collecting deposits.--------

·
Registered
125 Posts
or use a Fuel injector cleaner that goes inline to the rail. Nissan recommends 3M for its early 90's cars and I think just switched over to a new kind, but I forget what year that started. The stuff works very very well. If you want to remove carebon deposits then take it to a shop that offers an engine flush. Then drop your pan clean it out and get an oil change. There is also a trick with walnut shells, but I have to find the article on this. You must have compressed air I think and a shop vac.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts