Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this question might have come up before, and YES i already did the search, but didnt find anything about it... so yah. I have a 2002 G20, and it claims that the fuel tank capacity is 15.9 gallons. Even if i let my gas go down to empty, I still only put in like 12 or a lil more gallons. Is sumthin up with that? Or do our cars have like 3 gallons of reserve gas after it hits the red line? This is all after gas light goes on too. I dont usually run it that low all the time, but i was trying to test it out.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
I believe every car has some reserve capacity built in from the factory. I think I might have filled up the tank with 13.xx gallons maybe once or twice in the past 4 years. Most of the time it's between 10-12 gallons even when below the 1/4 mark. What you describe sounds normal. I actually think I remember reading on the SE-R list a while back that the cars won't start without something like 2 gallons of gas or so, but i'm not 100% sure on that, you'd want to double check that just to make sure.

·
Registered
411 Posts
i have gotten my tank down to .5 gallons before. it started fine, but was real sluggist. jerked around alot. wouldnt recomend it, but i did it b/c my paycheck came in late and i had no money. oh and the needle was like resting, of course.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
well if you really want to find out....run out of gas, then filler back up....let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
i think the gauge on our cars sucks. i drove 120 miles on empty a couple days ago and it only filled up 12.5 gallons. the other thing that pisses me off is when the pump shuts off automatically it reads only a little over 3/4 full. i usually top it off another half or 3/4 gallon to make it read full.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts