Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My power steering hose has pinhole leaks in it, and I was reluctant to spend $220 at the dealer, or $140 online for a new one. I decided to have a local hose dealer fix it, and they quoted me $40 to $50 to make a new one, although I would be without a car for a day while they made it.

On a whim I tried www.carparts.com and they list one for $42. The picture looks just like the factory replacement. I ordered one, and will report on its quality, fit, etc, after I install it.

I was glad to find a cheap replacement, without resorting to the Japanese OEM. Aftermarket PS hoses are dirt cheap on most cars, and I was glad to find that, for one time anyway, there are cheap and easy-to-find parts for my '91 G20.

Take care,

Brett

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention, carparts appears to be a clearinghouse for other vendors, much like Amazon.com. My PS hose is shipping from JC Whitney, although I couldn't find the hose on their website.

Brett

·
Registered
855 Posts
That's great info. Let us know how it works out! My car has 170k on it with all the original hoses. Yikes!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, removing that lower banjo fitting bolt was tough, but replacing it was a major PIA. I finally pushed the wheel well liners out of place, and wrapped my arms around the axle to get into place.

Anyhow, the PS hose bolted right into place. All the angles are perfect, exactly like the stock hose. It doesn't have the metal connector in the middle (that fits into the bearing block, on top of the intake plenum), but everything else was perfect. It even came with 4 copper washers!

Best of all, no more leaking power steering fluid all over the place! This was definitely worth the $100 savings over the oem part!

Brett

·
Registered
4 Posts
OK, removing that lower banjo fitting bolt was tough, but replacing it was a major PIA. I finally pushed the wheel well liners out of place, and wrapped my arms around the axle to get into place.

Anyhow, the PS hose bolted right into place. All the angles are perfect, exactly like the stock hose. It doesn't have the metal connector in the middle (that fits into the bearing block, on top of the intake plenum), but everything else was perfect. It even came with 4 copper washers!

Best of all, no more leaking power steering fluid all over the place! This was definitely worth the $100 savings over the oem part!

Brett
Need help on how to remove the lower fitting bolt, new part doesn't come with it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts