Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Newbie here. My Infiniti G20 2000 is giving the code P0171 and got it checked with mechanic. Mechanic is saying that MAF is not showing the voltage appropriately for different RPM and so wanted to replace the MAF for 375$.
Wanted to check other options of saving money. MAF is pretty easy to replace and so thinking of doing it myself. Lookins for the part in multiple sites(including Ebay) and price is ranging from 50$ to 300$. Can someone please confirm the part number as 22680-AD210. Some websites are showing both 22680-AD200 and 22680-AD210 fitting G20 2000 model. Which one of these is the right one ? Or both of these fit the G20 2000 ? One of the ebay site also shows AD201 ?

Regards.

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
there is one for like 90 bux from the dealer. Get that one. It's for 00-01 maxima, i30's, and I do believe some places list it for the G20 now. search here for maxima maf and you will find threads. Install it yourself too.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
had the same issue...except im still getting a ses from time to time. fixed it for a while though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks Koojo. I did try searching it first through Google and that time it directly gave me the post by the ID 'Lost' where he talks about the different parts number. The thread you mentioned has lots of information and very helpful but some of the ebay links provided by members there are outdated.

I am searching in eBay and I am getting the following parts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250336120684 ( part from UK which mentions 22680-AD210 as the part number)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110327820256 ( parts sold by mpg_auto which says the part fits the followingfollwing Infiniti Models*:
G20 (2000-2002)
i30 (2000-2001)

Can someone confirm if the second one fits or not. I can order it and fix it.

·
P10 hater
2,327 Posts
what koojo meant was using the forum's "search" function. The MAF is a widely discussed topic that almost all of us have had the pleasure of replacing. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
yo that second link is the one u want. plus its in the US so thats a plus

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yo that second link is the one u want. plus its in the US so thats a plus
OK. Let me go for this. My car is presently failing the smog test because of this 'check engine' light and unless I get rid of it they will not let my car take the test also.

Anyway once it is replaced do I have to reset the lights or does it get reset by itself.

Also why such a huge difference in prices ranging from 360+ ( dealer) to 80+( Ebay). Used MAFs are selling in the range from 90 to 150$

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
OK. Let me go for this. My car is presently failing the smog test because of this 'check engine' light and unless I get rid of it they will not let my car take the test also.

Anyway once it is replaced do I have to reset the lights or does it get reset by itself.

Also why such a huge difference in prices ranging from 360+ ( dealer) to 80+( Ebay). Used MAFs are selling in the range from 90 to 150$
It will reset itself after a little while and turn off. If you want it off right away you need to reset it with an OBDII scanner tool. Do any of your friends have one?

It's called the stealership for a reason...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It will reset itself after a little while and turn off. If you want it off right away you need to reset it with an OBDII scanner tool. Do any of your friends have one?

It's called the stealership for a reason...
Thanks Koojo. Now I have another problem
I ordered the ebay part and it is in my hand. Now I see that it has only four pins for the sensor where as my existing sensor has 5 pins. Is there going to be a problem if I replace 5 pins with 4 pins. If not I will have to send it back now and go for a stealership I guess :(
:*(

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
I thinl it should still work. When I replaced my MAF it had 1 less pin as well. I guess its not needed

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
It should fit and work. Go and install it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone.
Replaced on theu MAF on Saturday evening. Drove around 7 miles on Sunday and the 'Check Engine light' went away.
Got emission tested on Tuesday morning and registration renewed by noon.

Money spent on MAF 84$. Saving around 300$. Great help from this forum. Thanks again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts