Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i just got a g20 2002 its my first car 86k miles the owner said his daughter didn't like the car so it sat for a few months I was told from my mechanic friends to check the coolant and flush it i couldn't find what type of coolant and how much it needs in the owners manual, can someone help and let me know what coolant is should get and how much I know i have to get distilled water.

·
Registered
9 Posts
regular prestone coolant works fine. if you use concentrate, use 50/50 mix. if its premixed just put it in the radiator. You shoud get your self a "no spill funnel." it helps get all the air out when your filling your radiator. They have it on Amazon or Autozone.

You should probably do an oil change first. Transmission fluid next. Brake fluid and power steering fluid next. I would leave the coolant for last unless its low on coolant. Which means there is another problem as coolant shouldn't just escape or leave the engine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
how long is "a while"? years or months. big difference. assuming she starts? battery good? coolant should not really be a starting point if it'll run and it's not low? engine oil first. then transmission oil for good measure.then belts for good measure. but then power steering only if it's necessary? what's your budget? are you firing smoothly? does it need new rotor button? new plugs? anyhow, with mileage that low, and assuming everything stock, you might not Need to do much at all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello i just got a g20 2002 its my first car 86k miles the owner said his daughter didn't like the car so it sat for a few months I was told from my mechanic friends to check the coolant and flush it i couldn't find what type of coolant and how much it needs in the owners manual, can someone help and let me know what coolant is should get and how much I know i have to get distilled water.
Infiniti G20 2002 coolant capacity is 6.4 litres, and you can add coolant antifreeze Pentosin 13384XD 1992 to it, which will be perfect for your car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts