Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a dumb question, just a simple answer will do :).
What is the difference between the G20 and the G20t? One has a turbo already?
Thanks

·
Registered
616 Posts
None came with Turbo stock, in the States anyway. T is for touring, it has a tighter-tuned suspension, fold down rear seats, and a fancy little "T" on the back. Oh yeah, and I believe it was the only way you could get black leather seats. Might be some other stuff too, they'll tell ya.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
boingo82 said:
None came with Turbo stock, in the States anyway. T is for touring, it has a tighter-tuned suspension, fold down rear seats, and a fancy little "T" on the back. Oh yeah, and I believe it was the only way you could get black leather seats. Might be some other stuff too, they'll tell ya.

Actually, there is no change in the suspension. That is a bit of wrong information that has been passed around the Internet for some time now. I checked the fiche. The t and the base model get exactly the same suspension.

The biggest think you get with the t is the VLSD. You also get a rear spoiler, fog lights, and some really great seats.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
The T models (as far as P10's go) have factory fog lights, factory touring spoiler, vlsd transmission, moonroof, and leather interior(black) w/ different headrests. I'm not sure the exact differences on p11's, because I'm not sure what you can get as an option on the p11's with the different packages, I'd assume about the same though, except for maybe the leather interior, i'm not sure how the p11 touring model differs from others as far as the interior. Motor and power output didn't change at all.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Well I don't know about the 2000+ G20s but I do know about 1999 G20t P11s. I bought my car with the Touring option and leather and convenience package. OK, the base model G20 comes with regular A/C, no spoiler, no foglights, and NO LEATHER SEATS. The touring comes with sport seats but it's NOT leather, also comes with spoiler, foglights,floor mats embroidered "TOURING", and different headrest, and Viscous Limited Slip Differential. The "Leather and Convenience Package" was extra. which gave you the automatic climate control, leather seats, sunroof and I think the micro filter as well and probably some other little things I forgot about. I think this was a sales gimmick....because the sunroof was $800~900 alone and the "Leather and Convenience" package wasn't that much more like around $1200 and the sunroof is included. I'm not too sure on this but this is what I remember. If I ever find the window sticker I have I will post it up.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
OK, I was actually wondering about this G20 and G20t thing too. So what about my car, which has a leather interior but no sunroof? What package covered that?

·
Registered
20,839 Posts
FF Drifter said:
OK, I was actually wondering about this G20 and G20t thing too. So what about my car, which has a leather interior but no sunroof? What package covered that?
For the P10 the option was:

No leather or sunroof: standard
or
leather: +1500
or
sunroof +900
or
leather and sunroof:which was cheaper than buying the options seperatly. +2000

·
Registered
1,027 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
91maxima said:
What exactly is the difference between the regular tranny and the VLSD tranny?

OK, where do I start. For those who don't know, VLSD stands for Viscus Limited-Slip Differential. A differential is used on the drive axle to allow the left and right sides to spin at different rates. This doesn't matter when going straight, but is very helpful for turning. Back in the day when cars evolved from using a solid axle to using a differential, drivers could become stuck easily. Because of the way it was disigned, if one wheel was off the ground or had no traction (ice), it would essentially have no resistance on it. If this happened, that side of the axle would spin twice as fast while the other side wouldn't spin at all. Cars then evolved into having a limited-slip differential. This does exactly what it says: it allows the two sides of the axle to spin a different rates, but not TOO different. If it senses that one side is spinning much faster than the other, it takes power away from that side and gives it to the slower one. There are a few methods of doing this; VLSD is the most advanced method (that I know of). Make sense? P11 G20t's have this built in while most G20's do not. Does that answer your question?

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
NismoPC said:
Oh... I was just teasing/quizzing her... ;)

Geo said:
Well the original comment said that there were no turbo versions in the "States" the only other place the G20 was sold, is Canada and there were no turbo versions. So you are correct in referring to "G20's"

However there were turbo Primeras offered around the globe. ;)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
b-b00gie said:

However there were turbo Primeras offered around the globe. ;)
Huh?
:confused:

Where? And if so, why aren't people swapping those into the G20's in the states. Would probably be a little easier than a Bluebird DET swap and the intercooler piping would fit perfectly.

b-b00gie. Your testing us again, aren't you? :tired:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
jayntguru said:
Japan would be the first place.
I think you are mistaken, unless there was a turbo diesel or something ???

Anyone have some links to these Primera Turbo's. No one has ever mentioned this before.

Currently, the P12 is offered with a 2.5, 2.0, and 1.8 in Japan, but no Turbo. And there was not a P11 Turbo. It had a 2.0VE, 2.0DE, 1.8DE, and 1.8DD. Was there a P10 Primera Turbo???? The P10 seemed to have a 1.6, 2.0 and 2.0 deisel.

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
There were about 10 different Primeras (P10 *and* P11) that were offered with a turbo diesel engine. ;)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts