Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
He has a non lsd trans though. I think the passengers side is the same between the two (lsd and non) but the drivers side is not.

The drivers side for non lsd should be 38342-31X00-
And the passengers side for both lsd and non is 38342-31X01-

These numbers are what I come up with in my FAST system for production 07/90-01/93 non lsd equip

Seeing as you have the parts I'd check them out and see if they look to be the rite size.

Mike

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I'd still give them a visual check. The size difference should be noticeable if you have the wrong ones.

·
Registered
528 Posts
He has a non lsd trans though. I think the passengers side is the same between the two (lsd and non) but the drivers side is not.

The drivers side for non lsd should be 38342-31X00-
And the passengers side for both lsd and non is 38342-31X01-

These numbers are what I come up with in my FAST system for production 07/90-01/93 non lsd equip

Seeing as you have the parts I'd check them out and see if they look to be the rite size.

Mike
bringing this back to life
the pass side number you said is the same number as the driver side number posted by rmyc.... just want to be sure whats the correct number for the pass side and driver side i have a lsd manual trans so should i go with the number rmyc posted?

·
Registered
85 Posts
hey im having both front axels put in and so far only have hubs, axles, sxk wheel bearings and bearingseals. Do I need anything else you can think of? like axle seals? or can i use the ones that come off the old axle with 2 bad boots? I know they are not limited slip. I just got this 2001 g20 a few weeks ago so im new to this car. Just finished cleaning the intake manifold and iacv, new spark plug seal and valve gasket, cleaned maf and put in new plugs to get rid of this bad cold start idle and it would bog down when going into reverse...also had a small hesitation sometimes. Now i did this its running sooo much better....but i need to know what other parts ill need to put in the new axles...thanks...also have a new iacv unit i ordered thinking mine was bad but works well after all after the cleaning and check. lemme know if someone needs the new one. 50 bucks

·
Registered
528 Posts
axle seals stay with the trans it doesnt come out with the axle, but can be damaged taking the axle out. its something cheap so might as well change it while you have the axles out. you dont want to put everything back together then find out youre leaking from a seal.

·
Suzie Kl0ne
2,153 Posts
our axles do not use those style bearings. and if you wanted to rebuild the bearings you could but as long as the boots are not ripped and the axle isnt making any noise then no need to rebuild the bearing. (btw i wouldnt use carid.com.... their fit guide is not accurate at all)

·
Suzie Kl0ne
2,153 Posts
and the wheel bearing is in between the wheel hub and the steering knuckle. youll need one bearing and an inner and outer seal. youll have to take it to a shop so they can separate the hub and press in the new parts

·
Registered
85 Posts
what do you mean by your statement that they dont use that bearing.....my sxk bearing will work correct? i have the correct bearing seals for it. I hope you were refering to something else....my mechanic has all the tools he will need.... I hope you meant I wont need inner bearings and i can send those back...thnx

1 - 20 of 22 Posts