·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car was broken into at school.

1000$ worth of stuff gone:

Nokia 8860 Limited Phone (500$)
Valentine One Radar (300$)
4 Walkie Talkie Radios (40 / pair = 80 bucks)
10 or so CD's (150$)

............. I'm gonna kick some ass.

Police says someone slim jimmed' the door...

Plus i only have Liability insurance..... @#)($*@#

-Phil

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
That sucks man. Mine's been hit 3 times before too. Luckily only one of the three times they got away with something, but it was my Clarion deck :*( I'm sorry to hear about it, where do you go to school?

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Dude, Im sorry to hear that, especially about the Valentine....those are nice...at least the car wasnt damaged.

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
ouch same here, alarm didnt go off? or did no one cared?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I bet it's someone from your school. The downfall of the stock alarm system is, if it goes off - you don't know about it, unless you are near your car. I hope you didn't have all that stuff that was stolen in plain view. Anyhow.. sorry to hear about it.. :monster:

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
:*( :*(
Hey ricecube, drinks are on me this Saturday, OK bro?;)

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
that sucks man, i have had so much stolen over the years (i used to have a convertable)that i am smart now. i have a detachable face deck and the trunk can only be opened with the key, so my stereo is fine. but you should get a cd burner and copy all of your cds and keep the originals in your house and just use the burned copies, that way you won't ever have to worry about the cd's. i had my radar detector stolen too, sucks ass. i think the people that do that shit should have thier hand chopped off or something. as far as the phone goes you can get phone insurance for like $2/month, well worth it if your phone cost you that much. i just wish i could catch someone trying to steal my shit.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
P10 WRC said:
i think the people that do that shit should have thier hand chopped off or something.
Nah, Just have both their arms broken for the first offense, then chop off a finger for each offense thereafter. Sooner or later they'll get the message.
:evil:

·
Registered
138 Posts
damn man that f*cken sux, i feel for you, i had sh*t stolen outta my car before, right in front of my apartment, like when you look out the window my car was like maybe 10 ft in front of you...your in h-town also right? but for real though, just be glad you weren't there when it happened because who knows how crazy these f*cks are, if they're crazy enough to jack sh*t outta your car and be glad they just didn't decide to take the whole car, then that liability insurance you have really wont do sh*t for you.

on a good note: i heard on the radio today that the acura integra just surpassed every other car as the number 1 stolen car. reason they said was the people who steal it just love the parts in it lol i thought that was kinda funny...but still f*cked up.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wow, that sucks. I've never had my car broken into. My mom did once in downtown, and someone broke into my house once, but never my car. We were having problems with cars being broken into here at The Woodlands HS, so they installed gates at every entrance but the main one.....not that they do any good, they'll stop a car from coming in but not anybody on foot. We also have that fat, man-woman-thing that rides around in the golf cart. I call her the Lot Nazi. She's the one who'll boot your car if it's not registered for the spot it's in. I'm getting way off the subject here. Anyway, it really isn't hard to break into the p10s, i dunno about the p11s though. When i locked my keys in, i called a tow truck and all they guy did was put a wedge in the top of my door, stuck a hook down in there, and pulled the lock back. Anyway, sorry to hear about your misfortune, at least they didn't break the glass...that's a big mess to clean up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Car was broken into at school.

1000$ worth of stuff gone:

Police says someone slim jimmed' the door...

WOW that's great detective work by your local pigs!!!
I have had several cars broken into and all types of ridiculous things stolen. I always get the same corteous response from the local authorities. They seem to always be able to find cars that are parked illegally right away, but never the criminals who are robbing the cars. I have lost radios, backpacks, school books, roller blades, house keys, cell phone ear pieces, etc... Unbelievable what people will steal!!!

A word to the wise. In my experience, I have never had anyone break into my car when everything was in the trunk where it couldn't be seen. The trunk could be filled with cash, but I don't think anyone would ever break into it just to find out. People tend to go for the sure thing and without temptation of something they can see they won't break in. I never leave anything in my car. I always put stuff in the trunk. It has served me well and trust me where I park my car (Jersey City, NJ) the criminals are all pros. Car theft capital of the world!!!

Good Luck and be careful out there!!

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
yeah....

I NEVER leave so much as a quarter in plain sight... too much of an easy target in ANY car!

I used to just leave my previous car unlocked (sad looking 90 Celica) because I had NOTHING of value in it anywhere! ...and it never got broken into or anything....

My mom's 85 Jetta had been broken into twice... now she has a really cheap am/fm only radio (from a 73 Super Beetle actually) and hasn't had another break in...

I take my faceplate with me from my G20 every time I leave.. and leave the glove box open to show that there is nothing in it... and if I have anything that needs to be in the trunk, I put it in the trunk before going to my destination so no one will actually see me put something in the trunk (watch out for this one too because it is how my co-worker's car was broken into).:-\

·
Registered
33 Posts
Same here man but they gave up on slim jimmin it they jus busted out the glass, and then they couldnt figure out how to get out the radio, there was least a grand of stuff jus layin in the car too so obviously this person was a pretty smart guy, oh yeah there slim jim was a screwdriver too....flathead

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
I had my G ripped off 3yrs ago

They stole it outta my driveway and drove three cities away and parked behind a Canadian Tire(PepBoys for canucks). They stole it for my stereo system. They stripped it clean:
-Audio control epicenter
-audio control esp2
-audio control 2xs
-audio control eql
-pioneer kex m900
-(2)pioneer 6disc changers
-PPI pc4100
-(2)Kaption 10" Prosubs

They stripped it naked. Even gutted my power wire to the battery.
Funny thing was they bypassed my code alarm and factory alarm. Probably roller her outta my drive way and down the street and I had a huge pipe on that biotch anddidnt hear a peep. All Im tryin to say is if they really want into your car they will find a way in.
Needless to say Im on my second G. I couldnt standthe fact of someone starring at me knowing they can get inside my car at any moment of the day. so I sold her.

One thing that impressed me after being upset my car was stolen. Our rear trunk release in the arm rest couldnt be found by the crooks. They couldnt figure how to open the trunk. Seats dont fold:monkey: The a$$holes pryed my rear seat with a crowbarto get access to the trunk. Made me laugh after my loss.

My heart goes out to ya bro. I know the feeling. However I did get $5,500 from the insurance company to fix my stereo. Plus the rest to fix my car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Shit on a stick

Sorry to hear that man. Hope all goeas well with you in the future. Beat the living shit outta anyone if you ever catch the f**ker. But of course that s a given:evil:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry about your car man, that's a bummer.:*(

However, I feel that this has helped my situation. :evil:

Quite a few people have attempted to break into my car and steal whatever they can. So, I put plastic down in the back seat and let my dog hang in the back. So far he's bitten about 4 people.:evil:

Ok, I am lying but we might need to have somewhat of a security system with a little intimidation.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts