Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the P11 G20 has a SR20? Right? That's 4 Cyl. FWD. So, where the hell do I get started in a engine swap with a SR20DET? I know, I know.. this is a newb question and I could search for it on G20.net. But all the damn posts were unconclusive! So, where the hell do I get started in a engine swap with a SR20DET? Has anyone had FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE with it?

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
InfinitiLvr said:
Ok, the P11 G20 has a SR20? Right? That's 4 Cyl. FWD. So, where the hell do I get started in a engine swap with a SR20DET?

First thing is first. go here CLICK ME

They have a whole section devoted to SR20DE turbos. Both the factory engine and bolt on turbo's

Utilize the search feature. I learned everything I need to know about turbos in this one section.

Has anyone had FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE with it?

Geo has it done. Order Sport Compact Car December 2001 issue. That will get you started.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Yup, SR20DE. There's all sorts of variations of it... RWD and FWD, but the DETs aka turboed motors are only for RWD and AWD cars. Luckily, the AWD DETs are transverse-mounted like the FWD ones, so those are the ones you'd wanna drop in your car. You really need someone to guide you through things if you're not super handy with tools/mechanical stuff yourself, so find your nearest car tech guru/garage/mechanically-inclined friend and you can start from there. There's great sources on this site too *search* and as mentioned earlier, sr20deforum and I guess try se-r.net too.

Just three things about the swap:

Plan ahead.
Plan on spending money.
Plan on spending more money than you had planned ahead for.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I thought the BlueBird was a FWD car???

for anyone else...
GTi-R...AWD...can be put in a G, but at a higher cost than BB DET--but with more power stock

Silvia...RWD...No Can Do...

Bluebird...FWD???...Most commonly swapped DET--tends to bolt right in...

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
DragerG20 said:
I thought the BlueBird was a FWD car???

<snip>

Bluebird...FWD???...Most commonly swapped DET--tends to bolt right in...
The Bluebird comes in both FWD and AWD. However, the Bluebird SSS (the model with the SR20DET) only comes in AWD.

That said, there is a FWD Bluebird SSS in Australia, but it does not come with the SR20DET.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Further Clarification:

You don't want the engine (DE) from a Bluebird SSS, you want the engine (DET) from a Bluebird SSS ATTESA. The SSS in AU was more of an appearance and comfort package. The JP model SSS ATTESA has the (brace yourself!) ATTESA AWD system and comes with a complimentary hair dryer under the hood to push it.

Then there's the Avenir with ATTESA, which also has an SR20DET in a transverse AWD configuration...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts