Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a 95 G20 and recently had my ac changed out to one of those cylcing ac units.
Since then, I have a had a major power loss and this still remains even if the ac is off.
When the ac is on, there is more of a power loss when it cylces.
This is driving me nuts since I cannot get anywheres with where it was installed.
Is there an electronic ac interface that would cause a powre loss or some cable the installer forgot to connect?

I aslo instlled a mini short wolf cold air intake hoping this would help increase some power. The intake sensor that was in the air box did not have a home when this unit was installed. This sensor did not seem to make any difference if it was diconeected so i moved it behind the new air filter and plumbed it into the stock air hose. the dealership said this was fine. I think this is the air temp sensor and I herd if you change out the sensor to a 4.7 ohm resistor, you will fake out the ecu into a constant cool air intake and increase the power.
Has nyone messed with this? :asian:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
p10det said:
possibly a/c was over charged with refrigent.
basicly you had the compresor replaced?

Thanks for the reply.

Yes everthing was replaced and I recently had it checked for the leaks and refrigent was normal. I do not get it. What electronic interface does the ac hs?
Is it just a on off switch feeding to the ecu?
Maybe the mechanic forgot a connection or something.

justin

·
drunken master
10,098 Posts
the cycle switch will turn of on wide open throtle. but to much refrigerent will make axesive drag on the a/c compresor i have seen stalling problems and such from this as well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
p10det said:
the cycle switch will turn of on wide open throtle. but to much refrigerent will make axesive drag on the a/c compresor i have seen stalling problems and such from this as well.

I belive I found the problem, mass flow sensor $527 at the dealer.
The engine should die when this sensor is disconnected. I had the wrong sensor, picking one up today.
I still do not get why when it is bad your engine does not die.
I hope this is the problem.

Justin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts