Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '99t (5spd) was nearing 90k miles and I decided to do the full tune up with OEM parts, including belts and replacing/flushing the coolant. Anyways, I just finished a 1200+mile trip up and down CA and into northern Nevada and noticed that I was able to consistently get 35+mpg (and around 40 with cruise set at about 75-80mph and A/C on). I thought I'd start a thread for others to share their setups to make the most of their gas money for the summer cruises. Isn't it cool that our cars with 16-year old engine designs get mileage that the current Infiniti lineup could only dream about?
My setup is: Stock ignition w/ NGK 6 range platinum plugs, JWT S3 cams with stock ECU and 15deg timing, K&N drop-in filter in stock airbox, stock manifold and exhaust piping with Primera Remus can, 205/55/15 tires with 38psi up front/32 rear on stock rims, mild drop (~1.5") with coilovers (could improve drag). I also was using 91 octane gas (best available in CA/NV).
My car puts down about 132hp to the wheels, so it does perform better than stock (~119hp).
I'm sure others here have some good mpg to share!

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Nice, I get similar milage numbers but doing around 85-90mph for extended periods of time, I think its due to the 2.5" header back exhaust. If I droped it down a hair (2-3/8") ill bet id get better milage around 75mph.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
In my 95 P10 I saw 35mpg coming back from LA (to Phx) a few summers ago... that was the last major road trip i've taken via car.

I had intake, header, cams, pullies, flywheel, bumped timing, running 91 octane, Lowered, etc.. All the tune up stuff was done recently as well.

In my P11 I've been getting 29-30mpg in the city so far over the last few tankfuls. Engine and drivetrain is all stock so far too. I can't wait for a nice highway trip to see what sort of mileage I can get. =)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts