Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 2000 G20 last week. It came with the p0505 code :confused:

First I cleaned everything, MAF, IACV and TB. Tried the idle relearn many times and code still shows. I took out the ECU/ECM to see if it's fried but everything looks fine. I tested the MAF and TPS with a Multimeter and they seem to be working fine as well.

I just installed an OEM IACV, tried the idle relearn many times and code still shows.

The idle is hovering around 1000-1100k in P and a bit lower in D.

I don't think I'm doing the idle relearn wrong. Should I just go to the dealership? Do they install a new program to the ECM or just do the idle relearn with their Consult II?

I don't want to keep throwing money at it replacing all the sensors if I have no idea what is causing it.

Note:

I am leaking power steering fluid (from the PS Reservoir) and read the FSM that the Power Steering Oil Pressure Switch might be a culprit? No idea if this would cause the code.

I am regretting buying this car a little bit now. I love it but hate it at the same time. :throwup: Please, need advice G20.NET !!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just came back from the dealership. Charged me $125 for the idle relearn. The idle is back within range but it still wants to die/stall every minute or so. Could it be a leak somewhere? Goddamn this car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an update if anyone should have the same problem. I just installed an OEM Maf sensor and the car runs much better, no stalling anymore. Maybe I should have done this FIRST instead of dropping $ on a new Iacv. Oh well.

What I did was:

Cleaned IACV and MAF Twice --> No good
NEW IACV + Relearn at dealer --> Stalls in P
New OEM MAF --> Seems to be OK now

One tip for those with idle problems. Unless you're sure you can do the idle relearn on your own. DON'T UNPLUG THE IACV FROM THE HARNESS. It will only make your life more miserable.

Hopefully this fixes my idle problems. On to the next set of problems! WOO!

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
and word of advice if you do go to the dealer go to nissan and do it should be around 75-80 total to do
Yep. They tried to charge me an hour of labor when it took 10 mins. I told them I would only pay for a half hour of labor and they agreed finally. Dont let them take advantage of you.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My car started the same thing today dropping idle and stalling. Disconnect maf and car idles great plug the maf back and idle drop. Do in guys think it iss the maf or iacv

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
3 ingredients for p0505 been there done that so many times before.

1.Buy a complete intake junkyard from throttle body down so u end up with iacv and another maf
2.Just buy a maf and try that
3.Clean maf & Seafoam and cross fingers

·
Registered
119 Posts
Bought a maf from the dealer no change. So I said hell with it so I disconnect the iacv and the car didnt change at allso I'm next at iacv.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
when I got the code for the iacv, I took it apart, cleaned the iacv iself as well as the throttle body, put it all back together and then took it to the dealer and had everything reset. Replaced the maf with an oem and the car has been ever since (going on 3 weeks now) and not a single code for the iacv or maf.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I took mine apart cleaned it and car won't stay on. only way for the car to stay running is to adjust the throttle cable. If I don't then then car won't stay on and I'm driving with the iacv disconnect. Does this mean that the idle has to be relearn

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You'll need to do the idle relearn. You can try doing it yourself (google the procedure) or you can take it to the dealer. I tried to do it many many times without success so I had to go to the dealer. Now, no code, idle is good.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, the code is back! After driving it for a few weeks with no idle issues the code is back. I think there's a leak around the Iacv because I see a bit of coolant around the edges. I didn't replace the gasket when I replaced the iacv a few weeks back (doh!). I'm hoping that's the issue. Dammit.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts