Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a message (below) a while back and have since watched the check engine light do its flickery thing with the oxygen sensor signal. What I see is that at idle, the light goes on and off very slowly and if I hold the RPMs at around 2500 the light goes on and off faster. So far so good. But most of the time, when I floor it, the light does not come on at all and the engine doesn't accelerate well. Occasionally when I floor it, the light does come on, indicating a rich mixture (which is what I want), and the engine seems to accelerate better.

Timing is good, EGR is good, plugs and wires are OK.

I'm thinking maybe MAF? If it was a misfire giving me my lean signal, i'd expect it
to happen all the time... (he says confidently, or not)

Thanks for ideas.

Below is my old post and below that is the link to the conversation that resulted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I just got my 1991 G20 the other day and haven't had time to look into this
properly. Thought I would ask folks for ideas before I start tearing into it:

The engine runs normally at lower RPM, but at higher revs where I expect the power
to build, I don't feel it. The power available at, say, 5000 RPM is not much more than
at, 2000 RPM. The engine did seem to lurch and accelerate hard very briefly once or
twice, but basically it ran smoothly but with no power. No misfiring or any other
unusual running condition.

From a "general car knowlege" perspective, I was thinking ignition timing, valve
timing, or blocked exhaust. Any G20 specific things anyone can suggest?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link to original thread:

http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47116

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Ignition timing (set to 15 degrees using factory procedure)
Spark plugs
Spark plug wires
Distributor cap and rotor
Fuel filter

That's what I would adjust and replace first. How many miles are on this car?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts