Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I can't wait any longer to get my Suspension done. And i'm tired of waiting for the so called TEIN Type SS to finally come out? So I've been doing my research and I think i'm gonna go with the Ground Control and KYB AGX shocks. bouts $499 or maybe lower (I'll shop around for the best deal) for the GC's. Anybody know how much for the KYB AGX shocks for the P11 ?
And exactly how easy is it to adjust the height with the ground control coilover? That question is for all the G20 owners who ride on GCs currently or who know how to work GCs adjustable coilover?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
The KYB's for the p11, best price of seen is $340.

I don't know if GC's would be a could idea. I heard they destroyed the suspension set-up for a P11 in florida.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Well I guess the GCs are okay. I've had dem on my ride for almost 2 and a half years with GAB shocks. Just recently I'm starting to hear squeeks. The ride is okay and honestly for the price... It's not to bad. But for sure if i get a new suspension, I'll definitely go a full coilie setup like B&G or the dope ass JICs. Also it's no that hard to adjust. Raymond at Gilman Auto doesn't even take of my tires to adjust the coilies.

·
Registered
562 Posts
hey ethandelacroix

I am currently trying to install my Groung control on my P11 but they keep sending me the wrong parts...what did you get like part numbers and such...

Just tell me this....did you have to remove the front lower perch to install the GCs?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hey Ty I honestly don't know, I could tell you the model of the springs I have in the rear but that's about it. The thing is I think I got one of the first sets, even I think b4 that Henry Perez guy. G.C. actually fucked up cause the rear spring was like half an inch to a full inch too long. If u look at pics of my ride you'll notice that the front is lower than the rear. Sorry I can't help u wid install advice. Godd like, and I'm totally feeling those SSR wheels you gots on your ride. Keep it tight and good idea shaving the bumper lenses. I'll be posting pics of my ride with 2 Spec Vs hopefully tonight or tomorrow. Pimpin T.O.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
TY423 said:
Just tell me this....did you have to remove the front lower perch to install the GCs?
No, you do not. The sleeve almost rests on the lower perch. Unless you know how to weld the sleeve to the shock body without hurting the hydraulics inside, leave the perch intact. ;)

GC's adjustment collars are also the easiest in the industry to adjust. You only need one wrench, one hand, and you can adjust them with the weight of the car on the corner; you don't have to lift it and unload the suspension. Or so they say...

·
Registered
562 Posts
hmm....well the kit I got were made for the stock shocks and need the lower perched removed inorder for the GC to fit...it was even in the diagram they sent with it....I was so confused because my AGX have welded perch and would be impossible to knock off with a hammer.....but eventually I looked at the box carefully and it said G20 w/ Stock.....duh!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts