Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry i'm a newbie to this site but does any one now if the power switch on my G really does anything or is just there for looks:-\

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
It's like a little turbo
inside joke!

Yes, it actually does something. I have a 5 peed manual, but I am reading the owners manual. It should be similiar to your '93.

COMFORT: As the transmission shifts at lower engine revolutions, a silent and comfortable ride can be enjoyed. :p Bwahahaha
AUTO: For normal driving. :beard: Eh! Why be normal?
POWER: For powerful acceleration in sporty driving or driving with the vehicle fully loaded. ;) Now your talking!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i know i read that to but when i use the switch i don't hear or feel anything change:*(

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
When it is on POWER, I believe the RPM's will run out near redline if you are at WOT before they shift gears.

When it is on COMFORT, it should shift must lower in the RPM range even at WOT.

If it does not do this, then your tranny computer is not sensing the switches location. It could be a bad tranny computer, but I am not too familiar with the auto trannies.

I will add that some guy is selling a tranny computer on eBay right now for the G20 and stated something about it being a common poblem with auto trannies and the computer going out. But then again, he could be full of shit and just trying to sell it to some sorry sap who doesn't know any better. :confused:

·
Registered
626 Posts
floor the pedal on normal then on power, both from rest. you will notice a diffrence

when on power it shifts around 6600RPM, on comfort its around 4/5k and normal is about 5/6k

also when on power the engine will rev higher and take 2nd gear up to a little over 40mph before switching to third. when it switches to third it will start around 4k rpm instead of 2/3.

hope that helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts