Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just wanted to state with 99g20t with no front bumper ,back bumper, sideskirts,headlights,turn signals,no back seat inside and no passenger seat inside , no grill ,with spoiler taken off,no spare tire, stereo system taken out and a few extras ...
\the reason all those parts are off not because of drag racing just because the car is under consturction
the point is
after a tune up and a saturday night out in tampa sunday we hit brandenton raceway drag
my times were
15.950 in 1/4mile @85mph this is the 4th time i ever drag raced at the track i was always scared to go out there and look stupid and run a 19 or something lol but it went ok.
i ran only once the second time i went we were burning out at the line and my right front tire blew well it didnt blow it started bubbling up and this whole popped where the bump was at. ok anyway i'm balling now
p.s.
this is stock fully stock sr20de i think after work is done i should be stepping up quite a bit i wish there were other g's out there but it was just me but also some 300zx's battling it out this post was just to state that the g is not bad not too shabby at all
ilovethiscar

nissan-driven

sorry about punctuation just wanted to post real quick gotta go back to work

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
any drag racing tips or whatever would also be appreciated for next time and any comments good or bad
thanks
casual

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
FYI: I weighed my 99 G20 with me (180lbs) and my step-dad (190lbs) on a truck scale. The total came out to 1550kg with a full tank of gas. I think it works out to about 2950ish lbs.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
G-Forces said:
FYI: I weighed my 99 G20 with me (180lbs) and my step-dad (190lbs) on a truck scale. The total came out to 1550kg with a full tank of gas. I think it works out to about 2950ish lbs.

1550kg comes out to 3417lbs. Minus 180 and 190lbs for the two bodies that's around 3047lbs.

In comparison my G20 weighed in at 2695 w/ ~1/4 tank of gas, no sub, but still the jack, spare, floormats, etc.. w/ me at the time it was around 2860, now i'm sure it's about 10lbs heavier. These weights are from corner balancing scales when i corner balanced my car a while back.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats a good freakin idea, I like the truck weigh station idea but question would i even be able to pass through a truck weighing station with the g to check or could i get in trouble for that ?

What was the ratio for our weight balance(p11) and how does it differ for the p10 i know they are lighter i think off the top of my head the p11 is like 60/40 damn trying to think of some way to balance that out but not really sure what steps to take .

i think next i wont be drag racing the car anymore except for maybe after (det) just to check improvement but from now on i will just join a solo racing crew locally and just autocross on the weekends for fun.

p11=1550kg comes out to 3047lbs
p10=weighed in at 2695
thats a big difference! so i can imagine det in justins p10 would be alot more effective but of course application is the key .

I wondered a bit if for aerodynamic reasons if my times could of been better if i had front bumper on reducing wind drag in engine bay? i'm pretty new excuse me to track drag racing its not as easy as it looks to get a good time good launch time 1/4 1/8 and etc.. but it sure as hell is fun.

carbon fiber hood question, Is the material paintable so that it would look stock ?

justin have you dragged your p10 at all just, wondering and g-forces where are you at in life now when it comes to the g are u still planning on selling or other plans ?

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
JustinP10 said:

1550kg comes out to 3417lbs. Minus 180 and 190lbs for the two bodies that's around 3047lbs.
Maybe it wasn't 1550kg. It was fluxuating between 1520 and 1550. The truck scales are not very accurate +/- 10kg but it gives a good idea.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
cas8_1999 said:
What was the ratio for our weight balance(p11) and how does it differ for the p10 i know they are lighter i think off the top of my head the p11 is like 60/40 damn trying to think of some way to balance that out but not really sure what steps to take .

justin have you dragged your p10 at all just, wondering and g-forces where are you at in life now when it comes to the g are u still planning on selling or other plans ?
Look at my sig. =) I don't go very often though, I'm still pretty bad at drag racing... my car is mainly setup for road racing, but it does ok for drag racing too, beats most all of the local import cars, and some of the domestic cars too. I hope to be able to cut a 14.9x in the very near future, with just a better launch (I might need a hair more power too, i'm really not sure).

G-Forces said:

Maybe it wasn't 1550kg. It was fluxuating between 1520 and 1550. The truck scales are not very accurate +/- 10kg but it gives a good idea.
Also, how accurate are truck scales at that low of a weight? I'd think they'd be calibrated for the heavier weights, like in the range of an avg. weight truck (many tons).? 30 kg off would be what, another 65 lbs lighter? that'd drop you below 3Klbs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts